Breakfast Barn or as far as I'm concerned 'A dream come true' is the first restaurant in Lebanon dedicated to the day's most important meal: "breakfast"! It's called Breakfast Barn and it encourages you to eat better, healthier and happier. Soothing music, warm lights, bright wood, pure lines, white walls, it's breakfast like I usually experience at concept eateries out of town.
I was happy to come here on this beautiful rainy day of March... Park your car in front of BBAC bank on Achrafieh's main highway after Deek Duke and walk the couple meters to Breakfast Barn. You are welcomed by Chantale who will make of your experience a memorable one.
I felt good the minute I walked in - indeed felt transported the second I stepped foot in this breakfast haven. Positive vibes are felt in every breath at this place...I loved how the wooden tables are manufactured, how the kitchen has a frame like a Barn, the honey from L'Atelier du Miel displayed for sale, an open kitchen and a welcome note "Bonjour Healthies!!".
Important to know:
- Every detail counts, from the colorful menu stitched together with red thread, the mouth watering photos, the plants decorating every table, the ashtrays without cigarette support since smoking is surely not allowed and much more.
- 99% of the food they sell is Organic.
- There is no garlic in the restaurant! Hooray!!!!
- Yogurt is the speciality.
- Order at least one of every category, you won't regret it!
- They use Nespresso for their coffee
- Banana berry-cado: organic chia almond pudding topped with avocado purée, strawberries, bananas, crushed almonds and honey.
- Super berries: organic chia almonds pudding topped with strawberries, kiwis, blueberries, dried cranberries, cashew nuts and honey.
- Yogurt: zero fat with mighty granola, almonds, bananas, strawberries and figs.
- Dig fest toastee: pain de campagne topped with farmhouse goat cheese topped with chopped sun-dried figs and sprinkled with sesame and a dash of all natural honey.
- Egg and avocado 'Eggs'quisite': avocado toast topped with eggs, shredded kale, almonds and pomegranate seeds.
- Barn ciabatta 'Labne' O Pesto': Labneh mixed with tomato, basil, pistachios and raisins, sprinkled with extra virgin olive oil and Himalayan salt.
I ordered an Americano coffee which was a true Americano: a double espresso and hot water - not many places understand this. Order taken, Chantale the manager insisted on preparing the food herself. I laid back, enjoyed my coffee and waited to be served. I was excited to take photos of these colorful orders.
And I enjoyed breakfast...
- A thick pain de campagne with a soft heart and crunchy crust topped with crumbled goat cheese and slices of dried figs, each decorated with a line of honey. The whole thing was sprinkled with sesame. Loved the bread quality, the smoothness of the cheese, the fig's texture and surely and most importantly the dish's color, presentation and generosity.
- The egg and avocado look really nice! A spread of mashed avocado sprinkled with whole almonds and pomegranates, a loaded sandwich where each of the ingredients add value. Full of nutrients, it's an interesting plate. Eggs could be reconsidered; they should be sunny-side-up and not cooked in an oven... The oven not helping much with the cooking quality and smell, I suggest eggs are removed from the menu.
- The chia jars are awesome! It's a jar loaded with nutritive items from crunchy nuts, to chia seeds, fresh fruits and honey to add the sweetness you need. Loved the cashew nuts, the thinly sliced bananas, the almonds, dried raisins and much more.
- The simplest of things and surely the best - in my opinion - is the yogurt cup. A super duper very flavorful yogurt cup served with your choice of add-ons on the side. A big bowl with one of the tastiest yogurts I've tried to date even before adding the ingredients one at a time. Berries, mighty granola, star berries, mango, dates, dried figs - the list goes on and on. I enjoyed it so much - this cup that reminded me of every breakfast I've had in a hotel abroad... I was feeling happy and proud to have a real Breakfast Barn in town.
- Ciabatta Labneh: I'm not sure if my words are reflecting my real feelings. I'm rarely impressed, I'm rarely amazed... these sandwiches left me speechless! The bread is out of this world, the Labneh is outstanding; the way it's mixed with pesto, the texture of the pistachio and raisins, that love... bravo!
The food was so good... I had to order more!
- Labneh Barn style... OMG! What did you do to Labneh... this sandwich is extravagant! Some amazing acidic and light Labneh topped with sliced kumquat, crunchy pistachios, soft raisins and a dash of superb olive oil. It's really Waw! Never imagined screaming for a Labneh sandwich! Two thumbs up guys.
- Din Darella... the fluffiest of ciabattas I've ever tried stuffed with a layer of fresh pesto, sweet pomegranates, fresh mushrooms, roquette leaves, dried cranberries and mozzarella. An equilibrium of a hundred flavors and textures creating a unique sandwich you won't be able to resist. This is much more than food... this is passion!
Thank you Chantale for the invitation; sorry for not accepting it, but as you know an invitation can't be credible. Appreciated the gesture though.
An experience to put a smile on your face... it's superb! Breakfast Barn is a must-try!