Spending the day in Zahlé, a rich breakfast was needed so I thought why not enjoy a traditional kaak at "Kaak b Semsom". Open for the last eight months, this clean place sells kaak the "Abou el Arab" way... Kaak with cheese mix, labneh etc...
Very generously filled, the kaak are freshly baked then prepared in front of your eyes. Classy and clean, the eatery is not your average street kaak, but more restaurant-style created by a man wearing gloves and covering his hair with a net. They also offer hand gels on all tables.
- Salty kaak with a cheese mix, labneh, tuna, Picon and mozzarella.
- Specialities like triple cheese pesto, Soujok, hotdog, crab and pizza.
- Sweet delights like banana, mad honey or halawa.
- Cucumber accompanies every kaak enjoyed in-house.
- A plate of labneh is offered free of charge so you can enjoy the kaak handle.
- Very generously filled, the cheese kaak is like a centimeter thick.
- Beautifully baked and adequately toasted, the kaak is excellent.
- Carefully cut kaak are served on plastic trays covered with paper.
Their kaak are excellent:
- A thin dough covered with sesame and a bit of salt. Lightly crispy with a load of cheese inside. Good quality cheese, labneh and other ingredients. I loved the olives and how the cucumber is cut a la minute and sprinkled with salt.
- The dessert version is as good as the savory. A ripe banana is mashed on a kaak then sprinkled with halawa and toasted. It's awesome! I'm amazed how the kaak are not chewy, not over salty and really balanced.
It's even better than the ones at Abou Arab, way better and way cleaner. I loved the Kaaka quality, its price and presentation. This is where you're having breakfast when in Zahle... I loved it here!