CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Westgate Diner, One of the Tastiest in Town (Restaurant Closed)
My Latest Discovery: Open Wings Night at Westgate (Restaurant Closed)
I have already expressed my appreciation for Westgate, a local diner in the heart of Kaslik. Listed in My Top 10 Best Diners in Lebanon, Westgate offers a large variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner choices to fill all cravings in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere - both indoors or on their calm rooftop overlooking Kaslik.
Although Westgate has not yet become popular like other local diners in town, this place is a success story offering several mixes and creations. Try their Raspberry Club Sandwich, their Grilled Salmon or their 150g thick and juicy Westgate spiced burger with crispy bacon and caramelized onions - a mixed taste of sweet and sour .
To start, fresh homemade bread fingers are offered with an in-house special dip.
If you're looking to enjoy a decent meal at a reasonable price in a calm ambiance, Westgate is definitely your destination. Make sure to leave room for some dessert after dinner. I can't emphasize enough how good their Pain Perdu is. I would definitely say that Westgate's Pain Perdu can easily compete with the biggest names around town: As Tina Turner would say its “simply the best… better than all the rest” - thick and generous, it's finger licking good.
It is worth visiting this diner just to taste their exquisite Pain Perdu.
And if you're a sports fa, drop by to watch the latest games... or if you just want to browse the net at a speed rarely found elsewhere in town.
The Menu Choices:
- Starters and side orders
- A choice of 9 salads
- More than 8 different burgers (Classic, Blue cheese, Roadrunner, Chicken, Mozzarealla, Fish, Chicken and the famous Westgate)
- A complete choice of sandwiches
- Pasta dishes
- Main platters
- Kids menus
- The Combo Platter (Spring Rolls, Onion rings, Chicken sticks, Mozzarella sticks)
- Open Baked Skin Potato (Baked potato served with roasted bacon, cheddar cheese and sour cream)
- Roadrunner Burger (Coyote will love to see roadrunner on the grill, 150g of beef patty with jack & edam cheese, chopped ham, scrambled eggs, green bell pepper & onion.)
- Raspberry Club Sandwich (Turkey, ham, Monterrey jack cheese, raspberries & sesame seeds & honey served with salted chips aside. The culture of the Western world is embedded in this sandwich.)
- The burger patty is a bit over cooked.
- Spring Rolls are not my favorite. In my opinion they do not belong in an American diner menu.