We all love to stay healthy. But what can you do to ensure it?
Superfoods may be your way to go.
SuperFoods are essentially foods which contain all the important nutrients you can think of.
These are nutrients like antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals. Superfoods are essential for the health of the body. The more you incorporate in your diet the better.
These foods will help you prevent severe diseases and also strengthen your immune system.
I will discuss a few of my favourites and the rest can be read about on the infographic.
- Salmon is a very popular fish in Canada. It is a very healthy fish and is recommended to be eaten twice a week.
- It is packed with protein and Omega 3s - DHA and EPA. These are essential in brain, eye and nerve development.
- Salmon is an excellent source of Vitamin D. A portion of Salmon contains more than the Daily Value your body requires.
- I love yogurt. Most people do.
- Greek Yogurt can be consumed as a healthier alternative to normal yogurt.
- Protein is important for good health, as Greek yogurt has twice as much as normal yogurt it is a great alternative source of protein. It helps protect your cells and also helps in keeping the skin healthy.
- Make a smoothie with it and enjoy!
- When a fruit is the second most consumed fruit in the US there has to be something great about it.
- Blueberries are highly nutritious. They contain phosphorous, calcium, manganese and other nutrients which help in building bone structure and strength.
- And because they don’t contain sodium they are also helpful in lowering your blood pressure.
- Apart from this they also contain Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and various other phytonutrients.