We eat and we think that food affects our teeth badly. And we are right. But, are there any foods that help keeping our teeth healthy? Is there anything that not only keeps but makes our teeth look and be better? Of course there are such products! 1. Healthy drink for teeth — Green tea It contains polyphenols, antioxidant plant compounds that prevent plaque from adhering to your teeth and help reduce your chances of developing cavities and gum disease. Tea also has potential for reducing bad breath because it inhibits the growth of the bacteria that cause the odor. Many green teas also contain fluoride (from the leaves and the water it’s steeped in), which helps protect tooth enamel from decay and promotes healthy teeth.
2. Healthy drink and food for teeth — Milk and yogurt Unsweetened yogurt and milk are good for your teeth. They have a low acidity. It means that the gradual wearing away of the teeth, also called dental erosion, is less. In addition they are low in sugar, that means less dental decay, too. Milk also is a good source of calcium, that keeps our teeth healthy. Calcium is the main component of teeth and bones, as we know.
3. Healthy food for teeth — Cheese It is low carbohydrate and has a high calcium and phosphate content that provides important benefits for your healthy teeth. It helps balance your mouth’s pH, preserves and rebuilds tooth enamel, produces saliva, kills the bacteria that cause cavities and gum disease. Cheese contains calcium, too.
4. Healthy food for teeth — Fruits Different fruits like apples, strawberries, citrus fruits, specially kiwis, contain a lot of vitamin C. It is considered the cement that holds all of your cells together, so just as it’s vital for your skin, it’s important for the health of your gum tissue. If you don’t get enough vitamin C, researches show that the collagen network in your gums can break down, making your gums tender and more susceptible to the bacteria that cause periodontal disease.
5. Healthy food for teeth — Vegetables Pumpkin, carrots, sweet potato, broccoli are full of vitamin A. This vitamin is absolutely necessary for the formation of tooth enamel. Apart form that, crunchy vegetables cleanse and stimulate your gums, making them healthy.
6. Healthy food for teeth — Onions This vegetable contains powerful antibacterial sulfur compounds. Tests showed that onions kill various types of bacteria. Researches indicate that they are most powerful when eaten freshly peeled and raw. It may be not so tasty but good teeth are guaranteed.
7. Healthy food for teeth — Celery This food protects your teeth while extra chewing. It produces plenty of saliva, which neutralizes different bacteria that causes cavities. Additionally, celery massages gums and cleans between teeth keeping them healthy and clean.
8. Healthy food for teeth — Sesame seeds Good teeth can be a result of combining white bread, especially for small kids, and sesame seeds. It sloughs off plaque and helps build tooth enamel. Sesame seeds are also high in calcium, which helps preserve the bone around your teeth and gums. But firstly, it is very delicious.
9. Healthy food for teeth — Animal food Beef, chicken, turkey, eggs – all of them contain phosphorous. Calcium, with the help of vitamin D and phosphorous, creates our bones system. These elements keep teeth stronger and healthier by protecting them from teeth decay.
10. Healthy drink for teeth — Water Healthy water not only purer, but it cleanses the mouth, allowing the saliva to work wonders depositing essential minerals back into the weakened teeth. Drinking water keeps gums hydrated and helps wash away trapped food particles that decompose in the mouth and cause bad breath. Every time when you feel that a piece of advice in keeping your teeth healthy is needed remember these 10 foods. They will help you to permanently protect your mouth and gums, earning their names of foods for healthy teeth.
Article taken from WorldDental.org