Uanderful is a dream place where one comes for pure enjoyment. The décor is amazing and inspiring to say the least. Beautiful lights cover the ceiling, while you’ll also find a lot of metal and reflective items around the place… I loved the mirrors, the green covered high and relaxing chairs and fine glasses set on the tables covered in white tablecloths. There's a lot class in the restaurant. The details are impeccable.
I didn't come here with the intention having dinner or doing a review but as soon as I saw the menu and read that they make BAO and pulled pork; my hunger button just turned on. Plus the same people who own Fratelli nightclub own Uanderful and they know what they're doing… I was already in love with the place.
While jazz music played in the background, we ordered a San Pellegrino and waited to be served. We wanted to enjoy a few bites before continuing our tour around the city.
But an important point to make here… Why aren’t the waiters smiling? And why are they acting like robots? The whole experience starts with the communication between the diner and the waiter. Some training please! You should not let such things affect the whole experience you’re offering…
- Small Dishes
- Meat from the Robata
The things I liked:
- The music is amazing!
- Menu is mainly in English.
- Portions are generous and the plates are beautifully presented.
- The decor is so inspiring.
- The toilets are located in the middle between the cafe and the restaurant, connecting at the back.
- BAO with pulled pork and Korean Kimchi: Oh yum! A chewy bun filled with crunchy kimchi and tender pulled pork soaked in its sauce. I love BAOS so much and this one is properly done. The bun could have been stickier but one can't deny that the generous mix is excellent.
- Truffle buttered mashed potatoes: Smooth mashed potato mixed with truffle oil and shredded black truffles, topped with fried onions. It's fine dining preparation.
- Crispy fried baby calamari with lime zest and chili: They're not crispy much but feel and look different. Cut in quarters, the calamari are bartered and fried offering a tender heart but no crunch like the menu claims. I personally liked them and the sweet and sour sauce that comes with the plate.
- Naan: Fresh Indian Tandoor flat bread. Start your dinner with that. It’s simple bread, but it's good.
And wait until you've tried dessert.
- The Uanderful Mitzu is "French succés cake", with two crushed meringue mini cakes filled with pastry cream and decorated with red fruits. That's a nice innovation.
- Lava cake prepared a la minute. Molten dark chocolate cake with whipped cream and ice cream on top. I enjoyed the molten heart and light crisp and ice cream that's not sweet. Yummy yummy!
I loved this place so much. I have definitely added it to my list of must do things when you visit Bucharest.