CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Roadster Diner, Lebanon
Roadster Diner, The Latest Updates
Roadster Diner: My Once Favorite Diner Going Down
The Saga of the Roadster's Mushrooms Continues
Starting Your Day with Roadster Diner's Breakfast
Roadster Diner: It's Always Nice to Enjoy the Classics
Roadster Diner: New Menu, Added Choices, Same Taste
Dear Roadster: Wake UP and Smell the Competition!
Roadster's 15th Anniversary Burger: The Route 66
Roadster Diner Menu: 1999 vs 2013, Prices Comparison
Roadster Diner: Upscaling its Burger Choices
Roadster Diner: Trying the Light Section… Beirut City Centre
Roadster CCBe: An Enjoyable Lunch
Roadster: Breakfast at the Newly Decorated Bliss Diner
Roadster's Black Burger is Good!
Roadster Diner: Lunch in Jal El Dib
When I heard about a new "light" menu, I wasn't excited to try it because everyone has a light menu and usually they're not good. I'd been to Roadster and done a review about the light menu which left me unimpressed. I had to visit to understand. The new "All Fit" took healthiness to another level, creating unique food that you don't expect at a diner.
"Fit for the fit and those who want to be fit" that's the tag line. A blue menu with a few items prepared in collaboration with Le Gabarit, Mireille's diet center, which we wrote about earlier.
The menu has only one steak for some reason and no burger with meat. Tuna and chicken are all over the place alongside mushrooms, lots of them. Appetite boosters (chicken tenders and mushrooms melt), heart filling salads (Caesar, quinoa and tuna), veggie burgers (quinoa, mushroom and BBQ mushroom), knock out platters (chicken power up, oat crusted chicken, double dip steak), one power sandwich with chicken, sides and light desserts.
The first impression:
- The names are fun, making a light meal look sexy.
- The photos show exactly what you'll receive without too much Photoshop.
- Simple and straight to the point, the menu has few items.
- They're called veggie burgers, they might lack a bit of texture but they actually taste good enough and make you feel like you're eating meat. The all-fit mushroom, a heart healthy burger, a mouthwatering mushroom party with melted light mozzarella, topped with grilled tomato and lettuce, served with a fresh salad. Before starting my description, remember it's a light burger of only 400 calories. A tender multi cereal bun filled with vegetables, lots of them, a patty made of mushrooms but that looks like meat and melted cheese on top. Juicy with the mustard that gives more taste and finesse.
- The mushroom BBQ is even better: Only 390 calories in a moist and tender mouthwatering burger filled with a mushroom patty -no meat- looking and tasting like something close to meat, a molten mozzarella and those diced grilled tomatoes adding the rich juice. The BBQ sauce gives a spicy after note to remember. It is good!
- The super quinoa salad: It is yummy! Quinoa, lots of it, mixed with boiled zucchini, fresh baby leaves, eggplants, carrots, red capsicum and asparagus in a lemon dressing. Lovely textures, well cooked quinoa, lightly crunchy veggies, zesty freshness to leave a good last impression. The chicken is also tender and moist.
What I liked:
- The photos are real! What you see is what you get.
- Fresh ingredients and juicy meals.
- Foos is good!
I personally enjoyed it and find it to be a great idea. Light and healthy, this menu is perfect for your diet.
I couldn't have enough so I came back to try more of this new menu's specialities. Tonight we dine at ABC Dbayeh.
- It's a quinoa burger after all you might say but no, my friends that's much more than that! It's really tasty low calorie and healthy food. A tender and moist bun filled with a juicy heart and a quinoa patty. Fresh lettuce and sauce. Lovely!
- The meat: Really Waw! The kind of tender meat cooked to perfection well peppered and marinated waiting to melt under your palate. Yes, for the price and light approach, this is very good food. The meat comes with grilled potatoes, asparagus and spinach dip.
- Grilled chicken strips: as good as you expect them to be with a light mayonnaise sauce on the side.
- The tuna'oa salad: a fresh and lemony salad loaded with superfoods, edamame, baby spinach leaves, steamed broccoli and roasted asparagus with tuna filet on top. "Dear Mireille from Le Gabarit, please accept my warmest congratulations for creating a special menu that's as good as this one. This menu made want to come back to roadster more often".
And now came dessert... This is where I said "WOW"... Oh my goodness! The experience starts with the eyes, a fulfilling experience with three beautiful cakes. A multi layered carrot cake made of cake and light cream cheese. Texture and flavor combined, a card castle crumbles under the teeth with a light crunch at the end.
- Oh my chocolate, oh my god! Triple layered chocolate fudge intensely rich and flavorful, that good and memorable chocolate you will remember for long. Oh my chocolate indeed!
- Honey apple tart, juicy and hosts the apple cinnamon flavors but surely can take more crunch. It's too watery for me. The not baked to perfection.
Roadster sets the trend again... Expect to see "All-Fit" menus all around the country soon.