CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Roadster Diner, Lebanon
Roadster Diner, The Latest Updates
Roadster Diner: My Once Favorite Diner Going Down
The Saga of the Roadster's Mushrooms Continues
Starting Your Day with Roadster Diner's Breakfast
Roadster Diner: It's Always Nice to Enjoy the Classics
Roadster Diner: New Menu, Added Choices, Same Taste
Dear Roadster: Wake UP and Smell the Competition!
Roadster Diner Menu: 1999 vs 2013, Prices Comparison
Roadster Diner: Upscaling its Burger Choices
Roadster Diner: Trying the Light Section… Beirut City Centre
Roadster CCBe: An Enjoyable Lunch
Roadster: Breakfast at the Newly Decorated Bliss Diner
Roadster's Black Burger is Good!
Roadster's All Fit Menu Reviewed
Roadster Diner: Lunch in Jal El Dib
Roadster Launches its New Menu and it Rocks!!!
Most of us have been hearing the buzz around the new burger launched by Roadster Diner in celebration of their 15th anniversary. "A must try" almost everyone says. I was super intrigued to try it of course. Here I am, at the Downtown Beirut branch - and all I wanted was this to see, taste, smell, and inspect... this new burger called "The Route 66".
- Crunchy potato dippers
- Sour herbs special dip
- Colorful coleslaw
- The burger (sesame, pickles, R66 sauce, fresh tomato, prime beef, lettuce, sweet red onions, cheddar cheese)
- The burger is served as seen on the placemat with the fries and coleslaw
- You can't buy a sandwich only
- The burger is 24,750L.L TTC
- Thick 250g meat, fully loaded meal that is fulfilling. Don't order any appetizers with it
- What you see is what you get
- It contains garlic: Inside the burger and in the fries dip
- Sour herbs special dip: (feta cheese, mayonnaise, parsley, garlic, ketchup, fresh cream). The sour herbs dip is more fatty than the R66 burger itself, it contains too much mayonnaise, too much garlic as well as has a sour taste from too much lemon
- R66 burger sauce: (feta cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, mint, ketchup). This sauce is lighter with more cheese and a stronger taste
Don't presume things and don't compare it with any of Roadster's burgers already tasted. The Route 66 is simply new on all fronts.
- Freshness of the ingredients (10) = 9
- Vegetables freshness and crunch (10) = 10
- Proportionality of the ingredients (10) = 10
- Sauce taste (20) = 17
- Meat quality and taste (20) = 15
- Meat cooking (10) = 7
- Overall Creativity (10) = 10
- Bun overall feel and taste (20) = 19
- Portion size (10) = 10
- Price/quality ratio (10) = 9
- Meat Cold test (10) = 2
- Fries on the side (10) = 8
- Overall taste (50) = 40
- Puff pastry stuffed with vanilla ice cream, topped with hot chocolate and almonds
- A tasty chocolate sauce
- Crunchy almonds add a fine flavor
- The ice cream, commercial and a bit too sweet - but it's acceptable
- The profiterole dough is thick and fresh
- A generous mountain of five balls
- For 11,000L.L, it is just great
Today's experience made me smile and leave Roadster a happy man. Everything was good: The welcoming, Robin my professional waiter whom I salute, the speed of service, portion size served, the generosity and taste... I would definitely be coming back for it again... hopefully before they remove it from their menu. Some Definitions:
- U.S Route 66, also known as the Will Rogers Highway and colloquially known as the Main Street of America or the Mother Road, was one of the original highways within the U.S Highway System. Route 66 was established on November 11, 1926—with road signs erected the following year. The highway, which became one of the most famous roads in America, originally ran from Chicago, Illinois, through Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona before ending at Santa Monica, California, covering a total of 3,940 km. It was recognized in popular culture by both a hit song and the Route 66 television show in the 1960s.
- Feta Cheese is a brined curd cheese traditionally made in Greece. Feta is a crumbly aged cheese, commonly produced in blocks, and has a slightly grainy texture. It is used as a table cheese, as well as in salads, pastries and in baking, or served with some olive oil or olives and sprinkled with aromatic herbs such as oregano. It can also be served cooked or grilled, as part of a sandwich, in omelettes, or as a salty alternative to other cheeses in a variety of dishes.