CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Caramelized Banana Fritters: A Mouthwatering Dessert
Just when you think that Gemmayze can't be host to another outlet, a new place pops up. I recently discovered Urbanista restaurant/cafe, a place that I loved. As I sat down surrounded with natural wood, big leather chairs, brick walls, books, magazines, people from different parts of the world, reading, working or eating... I felt an overwhelming feeling about the place. I thought to myself, this is the real Beirut we are all missing...
- Baked Chicken Rolls (Delicious toasted wraps served with sweet and sour dip)
- Coconut Shrimps (I loved the combination of the coconut with the shrimps, served with sweet and sour sauce)
- The Black Pepper Calamari (Small pieces of crunchy fried breaded Calamari, served with a tartar sauce)
- 14x14 Skin on Fries (Thick and crunchy, covered with paprika)
- Egg & Brie (Scrambled eggs, brie, sun dried tomatoes and black olives on a organic complete bread)
- To drink, I had a refreshing Blueberry, Strawberry and Banana Smoothie.
- "Our bread is freshly baked in the house"
- "Allow 10 minutes for preparation"
- "Made with Monaco reserve blend"
- "Our coffee signature drinks"
- "Served with green salad"
- "Please inform your waiter about any food allergy that you might have"
- "To go with the salad"
- "An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching" GHANDI
- "When inspiration does not come to me, I go halfway to meet it" FREUD
- A staff that needs more training, but I appreciated that they are welcoming and joyful.
- Fried items are over oily to an extent that the oil covers the plates and masks some of the tasty ingredients. It should be a restaurant serving healthy items, no?