Alcazar is a restaurant and bar on Mazarine street that stands out. With plants, a lush of greenery, big tables, spacious, high ceiling, modern decor and beautiful architecture, this restaurant will leave you mesmerized...
The menu looks like the ones presented in fine dining restaurants, reasonable prices, exciting food choices and again, a superb decor that left me speechless. Walk the aisle over the reflective floor and reach a big rectangular room lit by a glass ceiling and decorated with reflective golden materials, mirrors and burgundy sofas surrounding marble tables. Fine upscale materials, leather and aged wood, old mirrors and lots of greenery. Tables around the main dining place are separated one from the other for a more intimate dining.
The restaurant is divided into two floors. The balcony has a bar, more tables and a view of the lower floor.
A table napkin, silver cutlery, thick glasses, a pepper mill and a sea salt pot, small plates are distributed for lunch to start. Choose the lunch formula or a la carte menu. Starters, plates and desserts. Fish, meat and foie gras, chicken and lamb.
On 62 rue Mazarine, is a restaurant I like and surely more exciting at night.
- Appetizers landed first, small portions, good for tasting and probably sharing. I loved the smoked salmon served on a bed of cauliflower, the toasted bread, the fine foie gras with beetroot chutney, the big sized oysters in salty sea water, marinated beetroot salad with goat cheese and the awesome tuna beautifully marinated and enjoyably spicy. Good food is served here, beautiful plates, interesting mixes and flavors.
- Before moving to the main courses we had to wait for over half an hour to be served. Yes, they serve good food indeed but it's not enough; service needs some serious attention!The waitress was busy using the computer while playing with her hair. The service is slow, and empty plates are left on the table... There's an overall lack of attention. A smile was even missing.
- Excellent cèpes ravioli, really excellent, three big slices filled and topped with cheese mixed with Swiss chard and mixed with mushrooms. Cooked al dente, the ravioli are really tasty, cooked to perfection. Earl grey tea makes all the difference.
- Lamb shoulder, a huge portion for two served with a mix of vegetables, mint and lemon.
- Fine quality meat served with pepper sauce and acidic béarnaise. Well cooked or medium, I enjoyed both versions.
Excellent food served in a beautiful place. I'm happy to have discovered Alcazar. €55/person and worth every penny.