CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Au Bistrot de Michel: I'll Simply Say... Bravo!
Michel: Tasty Food and Positive Vibes
Have You Met Michel Yet?
Au Bistro de Michel: My coup de Coeur
This is one place where enjoyment is always guaranteed, the kind of restaurant where surprises are not part of the deal. I always enjoy it and always eat well. Tonight we come back to enjoy experience the classics again.
Not located in a busy neighborhood, Michel's place has a calm feel reflecting the real French tradition of a "Bistrot de Quartier" or a neighborhood restaurant. Michel does it all making you feel at home. Arriving at 9pm, he welcomed us at the door before showing us to our table. He then continued with an explanation of the menu and its different creations. He made sure we know that they use Australian meat, that the seafood pasta is mixed with a red sauce and is rich in seafood and that we can choose three different sauces for the meat of which the wine shives is a recommended. The steak frites is served with fries and a green salad.
The experience starts and ends beautifully. Not a single detail is left unattended to.
Thin slices of bread grilled with olive oil, crispy and tasty, olive tapenade like you've never had before, the freshest French bread in the country and today, the chef sends us his homemade fish croquettes... light fish croquettes with a light crunchy envelop and molten heart served warm...
While music plays in the background I look at details. I loved the new table napkin, enjoyed the lighting, the simplicity of the menu, the specials of the day and the attention to details. We had the Comte de M 2009 to accompany our meal.
- Three salads! The fresh flavor of simplicity. Fresh greens, lentil, mesclun all mixed with the needed olive oil and lemon. The must try is the Beaufort, fried bread stuffed with mushrooms. The lentil salad is a recommendation I've been having since day one. I enjoy salads at Michel.
- Now for the main dishes. Al dente risotto cooked to perfection is lightly crunchy and mixed with mushrooms and flavored with truffle oil. It's creamy and intense. I loved it!
- The best seller here and the plate you should try at Michel is the chicken liver withPorto sauce. Enjoy the tender chicken liver bathing in cream sauce, then throw some fries in the plate and leave them to get soaked. They're so yummy! Recommended, big time!
- The chicken is so juicy! The potato purée is so pure! The steamed vegetables are so fresh and crunchy! Oh Lord how good this food is.
- The purée, served with olive oil, is pure in color and tastes so good, and that is not to mention the spinach and artichoke mix of vegetables bathing in lemon juice.
Here's where your life will change... That dark chocolate cake with a molten heart is not for the faint-hearted. One bite and you'll be transported into another dimension. It's molten like magic, tender like a dream, rich and so mouthwatering. Lay a piece on your tongue and wait for it to melt. Simply magical! It's surely one of Lebanon's best desserts.
Tarte tatin is the latest creation, it's lovely but doesn't come close to the chocolate cake madness.
To make a long story short! The food is excellent... I love this place.
A coup de Coeur, as I previously said, Le Bistro de Michel is where great food is served in a cozy and calm ambiance and where the owner is always present to make sure every detail is mastered to perfection.
Planning to go out and enjoy a calm dinner with your friends or partner, this is the place to go to; the prices are reasonable and food leaves a great impression. Thank you Michel.