CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Mediterranee Restaurant at the Hotel Mövenpick, Lebanon
Breakfast at the Mövenpick Hotel Beirut
Brunch at The Movenpick Beirut is a Great Family Choice
Serving breakfast “with a view,” The Mövenpick Beirut is one of the country’s five-star hotels located on the beautiful blue Mediterranean. Come early and grab one of the three tables by the window; The last time I came here for breakfast was in 2013 and now back to explore the updates: a different welcoming but the same choice of food. My breakfast at Mövenpick Beirut starts now...
The place described:
- Violet walls add color to the space.
- Brown square tiles cover the floor.
- Ceramic design square tables surrounded by metallic chairs make the place look close to a Mediterranean Island.
- The main facing wall is all covered with brick stones and has a long sofa under it.
- Every room is centered by the “piece the resistance” - a big metallic chandelier with soft yellow lighting.
- Here and there, paintings of the touristic places of Lebanon decorate the walls.
- Soft lighting, soothing and classy make you feel comfortable but a bit too dim for an early morning.
A hostess welcomes you; a waiter offers you a refreshing strawberry drink, another arrives with the coffee while I prepared to discover the buffet; let’s see the choices:
- Ready-made sandwiches.
- Flaky croissants.
- A selection of viennoiseries, cakes, and Danish pastries.
- Cheese and labneh.
- Fruits and yogurt.
- Omelet station.
- Hot dishes.
- Live Saj.
I like the food: it felt fresh and made with love. I was sad not to see salmon or be able to order Eggs Benedict. The food is tasty; the choices are enough but not for a five star. I believe that the quality and choices should be checked again.
So I passed by the eggs station and asked for eggs Benedict: not having sauce hollandaise, the chef suggested to simply do them poached. “Chef, can I have salmon or a muffin just to have a nice looking photo.” He nodded and went back to his kitchen to create. Twenty minutes later, I received my eggs; How sad it is to eat eggs as good as the ones I received, with an excellent salmon quality, exceptional crunchy bread but without any sauce. I believe the chef can create delicious eggs Benedict: add it to the menu!
It feels that the chef knows what he is doing: good food... food with a feeling that can be explored much better.
I enjoyed my breakfast with some little details I would have changed to make it perfect:
- A different non-dramatic music.
- More lights.
- Salmon on the buffet.
- Big bowls for fruits and cereals.
- Eggs Benedict, avocado toast... a choice of modern a-la-carte items.
I was greeted by Maurice, the manager who took all my comments into account. I believe this breakfast can turn from good to perfect if only small details are added to the experience.