CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Crepico: My New Sweet Escape
Crepico: Excellence in Taste!
Crepico: Pancakes Heaven in Nutella Kingdom
When I heard Crepico is moving from its famous location on Zalka's highway, I didn't understand how they could leave such a perfect spot so beautifully decorated and built to welcome guests on two levels. Today, visiting their new space on the interior road, everything was clarified!
I love what they do, the photos they have on the menu, the decor, their delicious and mouth watering offerings. I consider them to be completely different from all other crepe and waffle shops which generally provide low quality overly sweet chocolate barely hiding average and chewy baked mixes.
Before going into the review proper, know that I don't approve at all of Crepico's choice of staff. Last time I visited with my kids, the waitress spent her time on WhatsApp. Today, visiting for a meeting, the order was taken thirty minutes after we arrived. Then there are: the jeans they wear; full make-up; long nails and the lack of training that is obvious in all their behaviour. When I asked what new items there were, the answer was "I don't know". And sit tight because the cupboard being noisily opened and closed behind you will make you flinch every 3 minutes!
The menu is spot on however. Amazingly well done, all pages are divided in two, one side for the photos and another for the menu. One photo includes the most popular items which you can read about on the other side of the page. I loved the background, the quality of the photos, the menu ideas and the paper used for printing.
Crepico has become much more than a dessert shop: you can order breakfast, salads, sliders, salty crepes, salty waffles, sweet crepes, pancakes, sweet waffles, extras, 'Bakes and Bowls', ice cream, coffee and fruits.
At the end of the cafe is a wooden table - a communal work desk with a school blackboard. As we were six planning an event this made our dream come true. An intimate corner, a high table and a board, everything one needs for a meeting.
Dark chocolate flowing on crepes and pancakes... I had one waffle, one pancake and one crepe.
The food has been excellent from day one:
- Chocolate rush is a mountain of sliced crepes, like pasta, on a bed of rolled crepes and a dark chocolate sauce bathing them. Soft and chewy crepe with good quality chocolate.
- The waffle sweet trio is to die for. A bomb, a castle of colors and flavors, a waffle bowl filled with three scoops of ice cream, whipped cream, fruits to decorate it and dark chocolate sauce. It's really excellent - the ice cream, the cream and the waffle quality.
- OMG! It's madness, the chocolate obsession double decker banana pancake is not real! The softest pancakes ever, ripe bananas and dark chocolate sauce. No ice cream even needed because the pleasure is complete.
- Tasty ice cream; I was always a fan of their ice cream.
- Fresh fruit bowl; as good as it should be, fresh and flavorful fruit.
I would recommend:
- Urgent staff training!
- Remove the cupboard from under the stairs. Every time this cupboard is opened a bad smell haunts the restaurant.
- The man getting food from the kitchen should have a smarter - and more hygienic - uniform, and wear gloves. He looks like a cleaner.
- Set up the wireless router so that the signal reaches the internal tables - considering that 3G signal is bad here.
- That cupboard again!!!! The most annoying thing ever as handled so noisily by the staff. And its smell... at least stick some sponges to its doors for softer closing.
Love the food, love the vibes and decor... not impressed by the service. As an imperative the manager should tie her hair up and add a name tag to her designer sweater.