CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Crepico: My New Sweet Escape
Crepico: Excellence in Taste!
Crepico Zalka: Dessert Madness!
It's still my favorite, a place taking crepes, waffles and pancakes to another level, treating them like pieces of art... It's called Crepico and it's on Zalka highway.
On Zalka highway, the place can't be missed. A beautiful decor, blue facade, very well lit for which is amazing for taking photos. The space transports you to Parisian neighborhood mood built around brick walls and wooden windows.
Without mentioning names, I've continued my trek around the country, a place where almost all chocolate shops have the same spirit. An overdose of milky and sweet chocolate covering pancakes and waffles, always missing something. Some are thick, others are dry, some crunch while others are soggy... But the most important part is that none has a really good chocolate! The sweetness of it all kills me.
I have been here, done that and still loving it like day one, a clean and neat menu offering a selection of crepes, waffles and pancakes, presented in a classy way completely different than all other sweet places around town. Looking at the menu makes your mouth water.
I ordered many things off the menu and tonight, 10pm and ended up with a sugar rush like kid.
- Banana trouble: Crepe wrap filled with banana and Nutella topped with Nutella ice cream. A simple crepe wrapped around a whole banana dipped with Nutella. A crepe that looks like a sandwich with bananas inside and Nutella. As simple as it looks, this crepe is not chewy, thin and not sweet. Two thumbs up!
- Chocolate obsession: Amazing, thick pancakes cooked in a mold, pancakes without borders, fluffy like a sponge, airy and tender... Two pancakes filled with Nutella and banana, topped with chocolate and served with ice cream. Amazing, simply amazing. Two thick pancakes, fluffy like magic, tender and not chewy, light in texture and intense in flavor. Bananas on top and some in the middle with Nutella topped with tasty non sweet milk chocolate sauce... It's a love story.
- Magic waffle: Waffle on a stick like a lollipop, topped with chocolate - a magic stick like the name suggests. A juicy waffle covered with chocolate. It looks nice and neat, and it taste good and sweet. I loved it.
The things I like:
- Chocolate is indeed a milk chocolate but it's not too sweet and not too milky. It's well balanced for those plates.
- The beautifully designed bathrooms have a soap that smells bubble gum; i like that.
- Every detail is taken care of meticulously.
- The portions are generous and enjoyable.
- The orders are fulfilling, pleasantly so.
- Each plate is carefully mastered to perfection, creating something close to a piece of art.
- The pancakes, crepes or waffles can be seen; they're not covered with this gooey sweet chocolate they think is decoration in other similar shops.
A magical place serving sweet masterpieces.