CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Frosty Palace: Burgers, Milkshakes, Salads and More (Restaurant Closed)
Frosty Palace: The Holiday Special Foie Gras Burger is Back (Restaurant Closed)
Frosty Palace: The Holiday's Special Foie Gras Burger (Restaurant Closed)
Frosty Palace: Trying Some New Burgers on the Menu (Restaurant Closed)
Frosty Palace: Burger as an Erotic Experience! (Restaurant Closed)
Frosty Palace is Back! With No Burgers Involved... VEGAN? (Restaurant Closed)
My wife wanted to try it so much because I had talked about it so much, about Frosty Palace, the address where one of the country's best burgers is grilled.
Around town, many burgers are special. There is the connoisseur, there is the American, the French or the gourmet, without forgetting the Lebanese, the junk or the fast food... But there is one that would please everyone, the burger that puts a smile on your face, a sandwich that won't make you feel heavy, prepared with some unconditional love and dedication...
Located in Mar Mikhael is a hole in the wall, a shop without a name and no light, but be assured, Frosty Palace is always open. It's in the lower street on the one-way avenue of Mar Mikhael between Divvy and Prune.
I love this place, three tables surrounded by their grey leather benches and a bar. A decor that's cozy and calm enchanted by an occidental music without base, under the yellow lit chandeliers and their warm lighting.
I love it and believe their burgers are awesome!
- Daily brunch served until 3pm
- Burgers and Sandwiches
- The Frosty Burger
The details this restaurant has to offer:
- A sweet coleslaw salad, colorful, cool and fresh appreciated with every bite.
- Their unique homemade ketchup/tomato sauce (a premiere in town).
- Handmade mayonnaise.
- A soft bread, specially made for the diner.
- Thick and large, perfectly salted fries.
Down there tonight, we met two guys, they opened a conversation that lasted for more than an hour... The burgers were getting cold and here was the ultimate test: cold, those burgers and fries still tasted heavenly.
The special of the day was the Parmigiana Burger: Ground beef patty charcoal grilled and topped with fresh mozzarella, roasted eggplant, raw tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese. Served in a toasted bun with lettuce leaves and tomato slices.
The concept is simple. Order the burger, which is a 170 gram patty, and add to it a selection of condiments. Caramelized onions, maple-glazed bacon, bacon, avocado mash, cheddar, Swiss cheese, caramelized onions or a fried egg.
It was 10pm already and I didn't mind having a loaded burger:
- The Parmesiana Burger: An amazing bun, fluffy and airy filled with a dozen layers, one on top of the other, majestically set to amaze. The cheese, or the eggplant or the tomatoes or the sauce... Oh man! A burger that will put a smile on your face, a burger with a certain finesse and sophisticated flavors, rare are the people who know how to do it. I fell in love with a burger.
- The Frosty burger: An amazing tender and juicy meat stuffed between two fluffy buns lightly toasted on the side adding to that the sweet, crispy yet chewy bacon, light caramelized onions and the usual greenery and tomatoes. The burger simply looks amazing to start with without talking about the taste. Indeed that's a burger one must try in Lebanon. An unsophisticated, non-fatty and oil-free burger with flavors few have managed to replicate.
- The potatoes are awesome. Hand cut, those tiny little allumette fries are even enjoyable cold. The quarter cut fries are so tender inside, I finished the bowl by myself.
- The meat: That's what I'm talking about! A pure meat enjoyed to the last millimeter, red but not bloody, you don’t feel any additives, and there’s an adequate amount of salt and pepper and a chewiness that doesn't slide under your teeth. Beautiful! That's the kind of meat I love.
- The Coleslaw Salad: A large portion of shredded cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, homemade mayonnaise and sugar: I've rarely had a salad that's as good as this one.
We were happily talking and sharing stories of good food around Lebanon that I forgot to eat. Those burgers and fries even eaten cold are super enjoyable. Fries that are oil-free and a burger that's well balanced in color, ingredients and taste.
After eating burgers all year long in Lebanon and around the world, I can safely say that Frosty Palace is one of the best I've had.
The Ice Cream Sundae:
- The sundae is ice cream in a glass filled with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, bananas and some strawberries with whipped cream on top. A mouthwatering wonder you can't but finish your meal with. An awesome homemade ice cream with a caramel sauce that's not too sweet, tender bananas and fresh, firm strawberries for a boost of freshness. The whipped cream is a masterpiece.
It was already 11, I had bites of two burgers, fries, coleslaw and the sundae and yet was feeling at ease and ready to eat more. Have you ever heard of a burger that doesn't make you feel heavy? Yes, it exists.
I'm happy to have visited back and will surely do so again soon. Have you tried Frosty Palace yet?