CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Marky's Philly Joint: Endless Surprises of Professionalism and Taste (Restaurant Closed)
I Finally Found It: The Perfect Casual Burger... Here in Lebanon (Restaurant Closed)
Back to Marky's... Tasting and Testing the Cheeseburger (Restaurant Closed)
For the Love of Burgers... The Marky's Revolution (Restaurant Closed)
Marky’s: Real American Burgers, Hotdogs and Phyllis (Restaurant Closed)
Marky's: Poutines, Burgers and Smoked Meat (Restaurant Closed)
Burgers, cheese steaks, Poutines and smoked meat sandwiches: Marky's made a name for itself with these since the shack first opened in 2013. Food here is different because of the secret recipes used to make Marky's the address for your sandwich enjoyment.
Smoked meat is his specialty, burgers are his dream and sandwiches are his passion. Loaded with flavors, fatty and heavy the real American way, I come here for guaranteed enjoyment. Last time I was here was in 2015 and I am back to check on the updates.
Same quality, same great taste, I couldn't stop ordering one plate after another and another... Marky's food is really special and I love it.
- The burgers are as good as always. They are the real deal: an excellent patty; premium bun; hot dogs; tomatoes and pickles with lettuce. I'm in love with the meat quality at Marky's; the juiciness and flavor that make this a unique burger.
- Smoked meat Poutine: exceptional to say the least. Premium fries, superb Poutine sauce and Marky's fine meat. Smoked for 18 days, the meat is so flavorful and intense, tender and beautifully spiced. I was as excited as a baby who's just received a toy for Christmas. Burgundy in color and real flavor - an overdose of flavors. Imagine salted and crispy fries bathing in Marky's signature Poutine sauce, homemade cheese curds and smoked meat on top. All of this for LBP22,500
- Philly cheese steak rolls: three thick rolls stuffed with steak and cheese and deep fried so as to be almost toasted. Dip in the Sriracha sauce and enjoy.
- The double cheese burger: close your eyes and fly with me... a superb bun, lightly buttered and toasted and embracing two patties - well done yet still juicy - fresh vegetables and some sauce. It's so good, so rich, so "Burger" not Kafta or Kebbeh like many local ones taste.
- Smoked meat sandwich: this is my favorite sandwich. I travel to New York's Katz' diner for their ultimate thick double-decker sandwich... Marky's has done as good, as rich, as smoked as the one you can have in New York. Exceptional smoked meat, juicy to the core, thin layers stuffed one over the other, so tasty they made me moan instinctively.
- The Original Philadelphia Cheese Steak: I'm not a fan of cheese steaks in Lebanon but I always order it again hoping to find a difference. The meat could be less chewy, the bun is cheesier than expected and the melted cheddar cheese is too watery. I am still not a fan!
I was not done yet...
- And now comes the ribs, black Angus Australian short rib marinated for two hours, and smoked for another eight. It melts between the teeth like butter, so finger licking good! Two thumbs up for such an amazing creation.
- Finished the ribs and went back to the smoked meat. I finished my portion and my friend's. The after notes it leaves in your mouth leave you speechless.
I love it here... I enjoy Marky's creations every time I visit.