In the heart of Saifi, the chic quarters of Beirut, comes Paname, a French bistro or almost as they like to call it. Paname is a newborn from the people behind “Burgundy,” Lebanon’s best restaurant. Simpler and less fine-dining, Paname welcomes you for a French experience with inspirations from Italy and flavors from Lebanon. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, Paname promises an enjoyable culinary experience prepared by the chef behind Burgundy, the one and only Youssef Akiki.
It’s the terrace and the location, a space in the heart of vibrant Beirut, a transportation to the streets of Paris and back.
Oh my God! That bread! The crunchiest and most enjoyable envelop our there, embraces the most tender and softest bread I’ve ever in Lebanon. Air bubbles, moisture and a load of flavors. That’s not a bread for the faint of heart; Bread, left me impressed. The multi-cereal bread is even better, the fine crunch of cereals, the moisture, the aromas, each adding a touch of enjoyment.
Starters are served:
- Special green salad with sucrine, avocado, almonds and asparagus. A simple piece of art served on a plate; half a sucrine used as a decorative element on the side next to a mountain of fresh greens marinated to perfection.
- Cured beef sandwich, pickles, romaine heart, served on two slices of multi-cereal bread. Surreal; that excellent bread, the intense aromas of this sandwich which is better enjoyed with two fingers. A thick slice of bread, crunchy borders, and a tender heart, a mountain of thinly sliced beef and a spread of Japanese mustard; indeed, surreal!
- Scottish Salmon carpaccio served with capers, horseradish, and lemon. Much more than food, a journey! Thick slices of salmon, a perfect salmon, hints of spices, an explosion of lemon and much more to tickle your tastebuds. A creamy horseradish, a perfectly structured salmon, an eye-candy decoration. Thinly sliced radish, crunchy pickled beetroot, and capers which explode under the teeth. I’m impressed... and it’s only a salmon carpaccio.
The main deal:
- Welcome with me, Lebanon’s best gourmet burger! The bun is awesome, the patty is exceptional, the sauce is outstanding, and the fries are succulent. Served on a round place, an open-faced burger, one patty, and the bun, a very thick patty juicy inside out with a side of thick hand cut fries. Real meat, intensely flavored without unpleasant after notes.
- The saffron spaghetti; bathing in a yellow sauce, the spaghetti are cooked to perfection in a light yet creamy sauce that embraces flavors of the east. You might not feel anything in the first bite but wait until the second and the next. The flavors are addictive.
Dany el Souri is the chef, he creates, feels and puts all his passion inside each and everyone of the plates. Thank you chef!
I like it here, a professional manager, a dedicated staff, great food and good value for money. I’m happy to have discovered Paname!