CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Snack el Awedim: I Really Love it Here! (Restaurant Closed)
My smile did not leave my face from start to finish... "Snack El Awadem" - a colorful and trendy space - welcomes you to enjoy tasty sandwiches. Food is prepared by the chef behind metallic panels separating the restaurant from the kitchen. "Snack el Awadem" encapsulates the spirit of the traditions of Lebanese street food. I ordered five sandwiches and gave myself time to appreciate every detail.
A business card with "Bikhedmet el Awadem" written across it, a tips box with "7elwaynet el Awadem" and funky combos caught my attention as I approached. It speaks the local traditional street food language that all Lebanese know and enjoy but rarely talk about.
Super Combo le 2edami, Al Kafta el 3azim, Al Batenjen el Ghodban, Al Kafta el 3azim and other fun details. Their sandwiches are served in metallic trays.
The food is good!!!!
- Kafta the Hajj-Nasr style. Fresh Lebanese bread spread with kafta, "3arayess style" and a light spread of mayonnaise, crunchy pickle and a slice of tomato. A yummy mini sandwich, where the kafta is real, the mayonnaise does not overpower the taste and all the vegetables are fresh.
- Hand cut local potatoes, salted to perfection, crunchy on the sides and soft on the inside - that real Lebanese potato without sophistication.
- Ham and cheese, "Jebbeh w Jambon", the real homey way. Super crunchy long baguette with enough cheese and ham to satisfy your needs. Tomato, pickles and mayonnaise. I loved it!
- Roast beef, clean and neatly presented, lightly spread mayonnaise, roast beef and that mint leaf that makes all the difference. Filling and light at the same time, with a touch of modernity and style.
- The burger: it's a good one, in fact a very good one! That's how I like my burger, the old fashioned way, enough coleslaw to juice up the mix, grilled onions, a load of ketchup for the sweetness, mustard for the kick, a light bun and a superb patty! Two thumbs up for awakening some nostalgic feelings. Bravo for such an amazing burger. It costs LBP7,000 and is worth every penny.
- And it was not over yet; shrimp sandwich - more than eight pieces in one sandwich - very light, where grilled shrimps, grilled caramelized onions, lettuce and cocktail sauce blend together.
I loved it, really loved it! The concept, the welcome and the food. I loved the bread quality, the burger patty, the generosity poured into every sandwich, the sauces and the balance of ingredients.
Do Not leave without indulging in their chocolate, banana and cream sandwich.
I left amazed and impressed and had all of the above for LBP35,000 only! I'm impressed by the quality and taste. I'll be back soon.