CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Cafe Coutume: Your Coffee Stop in Paris
I seriously thought I knew what real espresso tastes like... until today. I thought that Nespresso gives the world the real taste of a proper espresso... Cafe Coutume proved me wrong.
Cafe Coutume is not your average café. It’s not a place you go to for a coffee and a sandwich while browsing the net. Instead, the whole focus is given on that cup of espresso/ It’s a place is a place you go to focus on a cup of coffee while enjoying it sip by sip.
Nestled in the heart of Paris, on Rue du Bac is a coffee shop mastering the art and craft of coffee. The place's goal is to revitalize and enrich the French coffee culture by providing a wide offering of seasonal award-grade coffees, the introduction of new extraction methods and a strong educational campaign to spread their passion about the drink.
The finest seasonal Arabica coffees are roasted and brewed here live, right in front of your eyes, employing an ethical philosophy towards the sourcing of those premium coffees, carefully managing the economical and ecological impact.
We sat at the bar and waited to be served. I heard about Cafe Coutume and prepared myself to be amazed. Taking the tasting very seriously, I felt like I was enjoying a fine Bordeaux wine.
I loved the place:
- A Strada coffee machine is used to prepare the orders
- Music plays calmly in the background
- A fresh feeling takes over the space. A general ambiance of positivity and good vibes.
- A strong aroma of coffee decorates the space that made up of rugged walls and a wooden floors.
- Bulbs hang from the ceiling to add the right amount of light.
- At the end of the restaurant, a large dining table occupies the space while coffee items decorate the walls and are ready to be sold.
- Cafe Coutume: A signature constituted of a coffee shot, chest eu cream and milk infused with Black tea, vanilla, ginger and lemon.
- A smooth, milky, strong coffee with a sweetness of the chestnut at the bottom.
- The normal coffee: Different from any other espresso you've previously had. A smooth cup of coffee, a perfect blend that's acidic, lemony and strong in flavor and aroma. A tiny shot that should be sipped 30 seconds after production to feel its real flavor and texture.
In Paris, Cafe a Coutume is the address to visit for a flavorful, unique espresso and some positive vibes.