The name is mouthwatering... The logo just makes you want to come in... when I did, and I am going to be honest, I was not too impressed to see the cookies stacked in plastic Tupperwares. But after trying the cookies, all was forgotten...
Cookielicious, open at the end of Hamra Street, specializes in cookie making among other things including party and events arrangements. I came here for the cookies:
- The journey started with their Snickers cookie. A white cookie filled with the Snickers bar ingredients. The best part about all the cookies are that the cookie itself is soft and tender not breaking hard, not oily and doesn't feel fatty.
- I was recommended to try their Nutella cookie cake after. Very nice indeed. A large cookie that looks like a pie filled with Nutella and covered with a hard layer of it. If you're a Nutella lover, then this is the order of choice.
- The Nutella Lava chocolate chip cookie is awesome. A white cookie that looks like a muffin filled with Nutella and some chocolate chips. I preferred it to the Nutella cake since it is less sweet and felt lighter. The textures of the cookie are enjoyable starting by a softness, a crunch and love as you reach the middle part.
- The Kinder cookie... What I loved about these cookies is that they taste true to their original flavor. The cookie crumbling under your teeth leaves a nice feeling and pleasant aftertaste.
- The Oreo ball… as they say, I saved the best for last... A chocolate ball covered with a hard layer of chocolate filled inside with a soft spongy mix of cake. As you bite into it and start enjoying the textures, you will feel a hint of saltiness that will strike your every sense. Yes, it contains cheese, Philadelphia cheese mixed together with a crumble of Oreo cookies. This is a fine piece of innovation. Just imagining it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the side.
The cookies are really delicious and deserve the name Cookielicious.
Bravo Ahmad. I enjoyed his professionalism, understanding of the product and welcoming attitude. Respect!
- For a cookie shop, customers need to see the cookies displayed better. The boxes should be more presentable to attract customer’s eyes. How about some nice glass jars?
- Come on! No coffee with these cookies? I ended up drinking water, while sitting on some leather chairs. Coffee would have been great…
- I believe the cookies contain a bit too much sugar. Having more than one cookie can be heavy…
If you’re craving for some mouthwatering delicious cookies, head down to Hamra on Al Sadat street and find Cookielicious on the left.