Loved the technology, loved the view, loved the lobby, loved the breakfast.
One of the highest buildings in the city, the Hesperia is a trendy hotel managed by the local NH group of hotels.
I was lucky to be given a room on the 21st floor, overlooking all of Barcelona’s famous monuments: The Olympic city, the Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia cathedral, the city’s suburbs, the shipping port and the surrounding mountains. Every aspect of the hotel is perfect from the technology implemented, to the room amenities, the free Internet, their Michelin starred restaurant and more. The best thing is that for the first time ever, I see rooms like this: You open your hotel room into the walking closet and the bathroom. The rooms’ door then comes after. So, coming directly from the airport, you can stop for a quick shower before going cleaner to the sleeping area.
I didn’t have time to try EVO, their award winning restaurant, but I can say that it should be great as it is on the 29th floor with an awesome 360degrees view, and that the overall food experience I had during my stay at the Hesperia was very good. I spent four days at the Hesperia, four memorable days where every aspect of luxury, technology and trend completed my journey.
What I loved about the hotel:
- The lifts control panel.
- The wide choice at breakfast.
- The perfect location between the airport and the downtown area.
- The wide and enlighten lobby which transforms into a magical dimmed ambiance at night.
- The quick room service.
- The colored room amenities and their choice that cover all needs.
- The possibility of choosing a smoking or non-smoking room
- The desk at the entrance saying: "How Can I Help You Today"
A crucial point that should be taken into consideration:
- More international TV channels as tourists do not care about local Spanish ones.
I had lunch every day during my four days stay at the Hesperia and appreciated their food. Even the burger I ordered to the room was a good experience.
A recommendable hotel indeed.