Believe me when I say that I have been meaning to visit Jean, Charles ever since I started NGNO, two years ago, but never got around to doing so. If you're one of those people who seek and crave some handpicked imported delicatessen, then Jean, Charles is the place for you. In his small tiny shop, Jean, Charles welcomes you behind the fridge and into a journey of discoveries from France and beyond.
- Burgundy ham with aspic served on slices of white bread
- Goose Rillettes
- Chorizo et saucisson sec bio
- Picorino Romano
- Cookies from Karine Zablit
- Camembert cheese
- Java, White 2012: For only $10, this wine has an interesting composition. A pale green reflection covering an intense citrus and white flower aroma. A sharp attack and lightly acidulée, tickling your tongue while its dryness and tonic hide a pleasant fruity aftertaste.
- Java, Rose 2012: Considered to be in the category of easy to drink wines, this Rose sold for $10 a bottle is great for a pool side drink or a barbecue on the beach.
- Java, Red 2012: The red wine is just correct. Called the Rouge Plaisir, this wine has a lot of potential for a bottle sold at $10. A fruity finish and a dry mouth, the bottle is better opened an hour or two prior to drinking.
An interesting night where I had the chance to discover Jean,Charles's hidden gem, up close and personal. Of course I promised him to come back for a more in-depth review before the end of summer. Jean, Charles - Rue Adib Ishac, Achrafieh, Beyrouth: +961 1 215 603