Meet Ali, Ali rocks, fun, smiles, and jokes... a waiter I’ll take to my restaurant if I had one. Even though I heard Kitchen Yard was closing soon, I couldn’t but try it to understand why. When “La Petite Table” is fully booked, KitchenYard has only two tables. Loved the decor, loved the music, the leather chairs, the classy wooden tables, the green wall and neon lights. There’s a bar, a view on the kitchen, a sofa and colored pillows. I felt good...
Kitchen Yard is your casual eatery, a fresh restaurant, where a blend of vibrant music, a colorful menu and happy staff welcome you. Loved the decor, the class of every furniture item, the location and food presentation. Unfortunately, food is below average; nothing I liked or will make me want to visit again.
On the menu:
- Main course
- Burger slider: Gorgonzola burger, classic burger, Mexican burger.
- Potato wedges
- Dynamite shrimp
- Kale salad
- Salmon tagliatelle
- Chicken pomegranate
- Chicken pomegranate stuffed in a traditional white baguette, chicken strips with pomegranate molasses. Cheddar cheese mix, tomato rings, shredded romaine lettuce and olive oil. Loved the chicken marination, taste, and texture. The white baguette bread is old and chewy; it could have been better if buttered, steamed and toasted.
- Excellent quality and well-fried potato wedges; probably LambWeston.
- The dynamite shrimp, non-mixed in their dynamite sauce, the shrimp are unfortunately oily. I like the presentation but not the taste: buttery finish and a sauce that’s not as spicy as it should be if called dynamite
- The kale salad: as good as any salad is, fresh greens... lemon oil is not the sauce you expect in such a mixture containing kale, dry raisins, dry cranberries, almonds, cherry tomatoes, artichoke, fresh mushrooms and turkey bacon with sheets of parmesan cheese.
- Salmon tagliatelle: watery and bland; tasteless and undercooked salmon tagliatelle. Salmon chunks and decoration of smoked salmon. I was clear to receive something al dente!
- The mini burgers are dryer than a biscuit. A dry bun, a dry patty, and no sauce; a big no!
Loved the vibes, service, and Ali, the waiter. Food is not up to standard; is it the reason for the closure?