Browsing the web, I stumbled upon this French website, which claims to have found the real recipe of "Le Relais de L'Entrecote"... Yes, that special green sauce we all adore and crave... and expect to land on the table when we order it at any restaurant... After years of waiting, I think we can finally be able to do it at home. If you try it, let's hear from you...
Here are the ingredients for one person:
- One chicken liver
- One shallot
- One sprig fresh thyme, tarragon, parsley
- 10 cl of liquid cream
- One tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 20 g butter
- 3 cups of water
The recipe for the famous Sauce:
- In 10g butter, sauté the shallots
- Finely chop the thyme and chicken liver, cook them together until lightly browned
- In another pan, reduce the cream over low heat with mustard. Once thickened, add the water and buttercream
- Mix the shallot preparation, chicken liver, and thyme, parsley, and tarragon
- Then pass through a sieve and mix with the cream and mustard preparation
Does it taste the same? Share your results with me.