Located a couple of meters away from the Trinity church on a little street called La Tour des Dames, La Tour restaurant serves authentic French dishes carefully prepared in an open kitchen. It’s a place where you can enjoy a delicious French cuisine accompanied with nice mouthwatering sounds.
After visiting this restaurant a couple of months ago, I passed by again for more authentic French preparations. Everything is just as good as I was expecting it. The formula is: Entree + Plat for 19€ only. Yes, only because the portions are generous and fulfilling.
- They serve delicious French bread
- At reasonable prices
- Generous plates
- Goat cheese salad: fried hot cheese that melts under your teeth gently and softly, little tomato slices, French lettuce and iceberg marinated in balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Simple yet tasty. What I liked is the cheese that does not have an oily taste but conserves its original aroma and crunch.
- Filet de Cabillaud: (The Cod fish is popular as a food with a mild flavor and a dense, flaky white flesh)mashed potato, cut vegetables and a white piece of thin fish seasoned with lemon and coriander and a lightly sweet taste adding something to the mix. Generous as always, this restaurant is amazing for the price suggested.
- The place is too small with very low ceiling. Bad for claustrophobic people
- The waiters are not the most professionals
- The kitchen's smell overwhelms the place