CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
A Majestic Breakfast at Hotel Le Vendome Beirut
Claude Lauxerrois' Cheese Selection: Discover France on a Table
Sydney's: Le Vendome's Famous Lounge
Breakfast with a View at Hotel Le Vendôme Beirut
Breakfast at Sydney's: Service and Food Used to Be Better...
Sydney's is Back: Meeting Chef Rabih Fouany and the Team
Sydney's Beirut Launches Its New Menu: In The Kitchen With the Chefs
Breakfast at Le Vendome Beirut: Where Style, Luxury and Taste Unite
Lunch started with two plates, silver one filled with carrots, cucumbers, Edamame with cocktail sauce and olive tapenade and another with six silver skewers of tomatoes, olives and almonds.
- An old English style with a touch of modernism
- Red, black and white are three colors used extensively around the lounge
- Red, dark blue and black leather sofas are all very relaxing
- A space divided into five different seating areas (the bar, the winter room on the right, the dining room on the left, the buffet area, the inner corridor, the outer alley of tables and the terrace)
- Take the corridor to the left to reach the buffet room followed by the dining room with its dark blue sofas
- The main seating area with its square and rectangular tables and beige chairs
- Outside is totally different with light colored chairs set up on a wooden parquet floor
- The inner floor is covered with a Scottish carpet adding the needed warmth and luxury (Red, blue, green and yellow)
- All the paintings have been replaced with newer designs
- Peugeot salt and pepper mills are placed on all the tables
- Fine cutlery from Guy Degrenne
- The amuses bouches are very tasty: Crunchy lemony green olive with a fine crunch of the almonds and a fresh aftertaste of the tomatoes after their explosion in your mouth
- Bread and butter are served in a design plate
- Caesar Salad: (Charred baby romaine, Grana Padano shavings, grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes) 36,000L.L.
- Spicy Tuna Tacos: (Tuna tartare with yuzu, crispy tortilla and avocado cream) 24,000L.L
- White Fish Cakes: (Spring vegetables, Sichuan pepper, wasabi, teriyaki sauce) 28,000L.L.
- Sydney's Burrata: (Heirloom tomatoes, basil, extra virgin olive oil, aged balsamic reduction) 48,000L.L.
- Lentil Salad: (Grilled asparagus, string beans, Heirloom cherry tomato, balsamic dressing) 28,000L.L.
- Quinoa Salad: (Sugar snap beans, marinated baby shrimps, hazelnut oil, micro leaves) 23,000L.L
- Chef's Risotto: The signature Beetroot risotto 32,000L.L.
- Filet Slider: (Sliced Australian beef tenderloin, caramelized onions, horseradish cream, house smoked ketchup, Parmesan, fries) 41,000L.L.
- Sydney's Burger: (Flamed wagyu beef, sesame bun, wedge potato, truffle aioli with cheddar cheese) 36,000L.L.
- Tuna Sandwich: (Five cereals bread, fontina cheese, fresh tomato, salad leaves, French fries) 28,000L.L.
- Sydney's Club: (Five cereals bread, sliced chicken, hard boiled eggs, basil mayonnaise, Parmesan fries with Pork bacon) 32,000L.L.
- Creme Brûlée Tartlet (Strawberry confit) 18,000L.L. What a beautiful plate! Crunchy biscuit, sweet filling, fruits decoration and crunchy caramelized sugar. A bit too sweet for my taste, but still this dessert is a must try for sure.
- Apple Crumble (Caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream) 20,000L.L. Premium apples, cooked and soaked caramel, they are all covered with a fine biscuit and a premium vanilla ice cream. What a premium creation. Two thumbs up!
- Fruit Salad (Sydney's touch) 16,000L.L. This is my favorite. You would say: "16,000L.L for a fruit salad?" YES... I would pay even more. A pineapple carpaccio covering a fine selection of tropical fruits and decorated with pomegranate. How grand. When served, a couli is poured on top adding the needed majestic flavors and aromas.
- Pepsi and Coke, choose your favourite
- Sohat glass bottles make the experience even classier
- The club sandwich presentation is unique
- The plates are so beautiful and mouthwatering