Barcelona is the perfect place to plan your next girls’ trip. One of the hottest vacation spots in Europe, Barcelona has a little bit of everything to enjoy while you are hanging out with your girls.
Whether you are staying in a hotel or an Airbnb, you will want to find one that is close enough to the beach but still easily accessible to the city’s center and vibrant nightlife. Gather your gal pals together and start planning your Barcelona getaway!
While in Barcelona, get out and experience all the city has to offer, from breathtaking architecture to interesting culture. You and your besties will find the experience enchanting and exciting.
While you are out and about, find a secure Barcelona luggage storage facility to stow your bags. Large bags and oversized purses are not allowed in many attractions throughout the city.
Check out some of the must-see places to eat, party, and experience while you are in Barcelona. A girls’ trip to this fantastic city should not be all about lounging on the beach and dancing the night away. Drink in some of the culture and history while here.
Places to Eat
Step outside your comfort zone and dive into the local cuisine. Barcelona is brimming with eateries and while you probably want to try them all, there are a few that stand out.
- Margarita Azul offers both Mediterranean and Tex-Mex dishes loaded with flavor. This restaurant and cocktail bar has a new signature cocktail they highlight each week. Make your reservations as soon as you get to Barcelona.
- Vinitus is best known for its innovative Spanish tapas. When ordering, ask your waiter to help you pair a wine from the wine bar with your meal; you won’t be disappointed. Check them out on Facebook.
- La Boquería: Markets off La Rambla is a food market that has several different places where you can grab a quick bite before heading back out for more sightseeing. View the map of vendors and plan your trip before you arrive.
- Agua is on Barceloneta Beach and one of the best places to go for seafood in Barcelona. Check the menu before you go. Sit on the patio and enjoy good food while people watching and hanging out with your girls.
- La Tagliatella located in Arenas de Barcelona, a renovated bullring, offers fantastic Italian fine dining right in the heart of Barcelona. Reserve your table early to ensure you can experience this amazing restaurant.
Bars and Clubs
Dance the night away with your girlfriends in some of the hottest clubs in Barcelona. Known for its hopping nightlife, Barcelona does not have a shortage of things to do when the sun goes down.
- Pacha is a club and restaurant modeled in the Ibiza club style that is becoming popular. Located within walking distance of the beach, Pacha has a fantastic dance floor and amazing DJs playing music from around the world.
- Opium, located next to the Hotel Arts, has fantastic views of the Mediterranean Sea. Breathe in the fresh ocean air and sip drinks while scoping out the crowd. Book your VIP club table early for a fun night in a laid back setting.
- W Lounge is an interesting lounge that will make you feel like you are under the sea with its vibrant colors and unique sea décor. Sit back, chat with your girls, and enjoy delicious drinks and tapas. Check them out on Facebook.
- Skybar is a rooftop bar that offers breathtaking views of the city while enjoying cocktails. You can even sit down for a full meal; check their menu for a great dinner. This bar is smaller but offers a wonderful ambiance.
Being on a girls’ trip to Barcelona isn’t all about sleeping late, dining on fantastic tapas, and hitting the clubs. You will want to get out and see this beautiful city and all it has to offer while you are here living it up with the girls.
- Sagrada Família is a Roman Catholic Church that was designed by world-renowned architect Antoni Gaudi. Officially named the Basilica de la Sagrada Família, the site is a must-see when in Barcelona. Get your tickets online.
- Tibidabo overlooks the city and offers a great place to spend a lazy afternoon. Visit the amusement park, stroll along the hiking paths, or ride the Tramvia Blau tram. You will find plenty of places for group photos and silly selfies.
- Casa Batlló is now a museum dedicated to Antoni Gaudi and is one of his most exquisite creations. Located near the city’s center, the shimmering mosaic tiles will leave you in awe. Tickets are available online.
- Arc de Triomf is one of the most iconic monuments in Barcelona and one of the most photographed. Originally, it was the grand entrance to the city for the World Fair in 1888. Now, it is the entrance to the central promenade for the city.
- Boat Tours are a great way to get out into the fresh and see Barcelona from a whole new perspective. Bring your camera and your sense of adventure and spend the day out on a boat with your gal pals and sailing along the shoreline.
Spend an afternoon lazing on the beach after sightseeing in the morning or hit some of the unique artisan shops that are dotted throughout the city. There is so much for you to see and experience while in Barcelona.
This is just a starting point for you to begin your girls’ trip to Barcelona. Soak up the culture, get to know some of the locals, and you will find even more places to hang out and enjoy your time in the city.
You and your girlfriends will no doubt have a fantastic time while in Barcelona. Remember, though, Barcelona does have a lot of pickpockets working the streets. Be cautious when out and about, stick together, and have a great time.