Let's take a look at the most expensive cupcake out there today. Lisa Sanguedolce, owner of Toronto’s Le Dolci Bakery was asked to make a special cupcake to celebrate his wife's birthday. Sanguedolce presented a golden, floral-themed, $900-cupcake that incorporated all of the wife’s favorite things like diamonds.
Here’s the full list of ingredients, for those who want to comprehend the price tag or maybe want to make one for their loved one:
- a pastry cream filling that is flavored with Krug Collection Brut Champagne, which comes at $1,000 a bottle
- buttercream frosting made with butter from Normandy and 70% cacao chocolate from Tuscan chocolatier Amedei, specialty coffee, French sea salt, organic cane sugar, and Tahitian vanilla beans
- a chocolate cup decorated with gold flakes, stylized gold strips, and a ring of sugar diamonds
- to top of the frosting: edible gold fondant flowers, leaves, and branch, and champagne caviar bubbles, made using molecular gastronomy
- a pipette of 21-year-old Courvoisier cognac, drizzled on top before being eaten