Finally! Yes, finally, after much anticipation Tomatomatic has opened in Metn region. The new branch, located in Rabieh, can now be enjoyed by more people in this area. Let's try this famous local brand producing American pizzas.
We called Beirut where a gentle and professional lady took the order, inquired about the location and did everything to make us happy.
The menu is simple:
- Sides and salads
Good to know... Not written on the online menu:
- You can choose from two sizes: 34 centimeters and 40 centimeters
- The pizza has two thicknesses
- Yes, they have opened in Rabieh
- All medium pizzas are for LBP16,000 and all family pizzas are for LBP19,000
- The Pepperoni LBP16,000:Mozzarella and pepperoni with Tomatomatic sauce
- Beef Taco LBP16,000:Mozzarella, taco beef, cheddar, tortilla, green pepper and jalapeños with Tomatomatic sauce
- Barbecue Chicken LBP16,000:Mozzarella, cheddar, sliced chicken, onion and olives with the barbecue Tomatomatic sauce
- The thick crust is thin, covered with bits of wheat or semolina giving it a sandy effect (like Domino's) and topped with a load of fillings. The border is crunchy on the outside and enjoyably fluffy on the inside.
- The beef taco doesn't contain any crunchy taco, but slices of spicy jalapeños, green pepper and beef. A good pizza, even though the cheese was not melting any more due to traffic or some kind of delay.
- The chicken is good: Juicy and full of taste. The same dough, but covered with a rich filling of moist chicken and a hint of barbecue with an enjoyable, subtle sweetness.
- The pepperoni has a smoky taste and comes on a thin dough, tomato sauce, cheese and a crunchy border with a sweet aftertaste. I like this special Tomatomatic sauce, it's the main ingredient that makes the difference.
- The best part of the orders were the hot tomato dips that come with every pizza. Dip in the crust and enjoy.
Pros and cons:
- I liked the freshness and taste of those pizzas and the generous toppings that cover them. The pizzas are a blend of some Italian know-how with an American touch.
- I didn't like the hardened cheese and slightly warm feel as a result of taking more time to reach us than expected.
- An American pizza for me is what we see in movies. A load of cheese, melting cheese, oily and messy. These were disappointing.
- It's not too appealing to see permanent black marker on all boxes showcasing the orders. A sticker would be cleaner and more professional.
The best part:
These pizzas are not heavy, like the competition’s, allowing me to sleep pleasantly and wake up without a bloated belly.
Enjoyed dinner today, despite a feeling of a missing link. Something is missing, something I didn't fully understand... Next step is a comparison between Pizza Hut, Domino's and Tomatomatic. Stay tuned.