CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
The Four Seasons: Beirut's Highest Roof Lounge is Now Open
Let's Try the Four Seasons Version of the Cronut (Discontinued)
THE ROOF: Summer at The Four Seasons Hotel
Chocolate Afternoons: A Great Get Together at Four Seasons Hotel
A Mouthwatering Creation: A Tasty Lebanese Cronut (Discontinued)
Reconfirming: The Best Breakfast You Can Have in Lebanon
The Four Seasons Five Star Breakfast: Lebanon's Best
Breakfast at The Grill: Lebanon's Best... By Far!
Your Ultimate Breakfast Experience at the Four Seasons Beirut
The Grill: An Enjoyable Late Lunch in Beirut
And the quest continues. Finding the best breakfast in a five star hotel in Lebanon. After visiting the Hilton Habtoor, Le Royal Dbayeh, Le Gray and Le Vendome, the Four Seasons Beirut was next on the list. I have heard a lot of good things about the breakfast served in this hotel facing Beirut's' sea view and just walking distance to Zaytounay Bay... Of course, I just have to try everything for myself.
Arrive at the Four Seasons, give your car to the professional valet where you will be welcomed by a smiling and attentive doorman, who will show you to the Grill Room, on the second floor. A gentle lady, with a fresh morning smile welcomes you,"Good morning sir," as she walks us to a square table for two. After explaining the concept to us meticulously, we were out on our own to indulge into a world of mystery.
The concept is simple yet sophisticated:
- Just pay 53,000L.L all inclusive. Not a dime more
- Choose any drink you want
- On the table an oriental tower is served (Labneh, cheese platter, vegetables, freshly baked bread)
- A plate of Lebanese baked pieces is served
- Choose from a wide choice of 12 cooked plates: Order all if you want
- Plunge into the buffet
I loved the tower:
Brie, emmental, halloumi, string cheese and labneh baladieh with olive oil and crudités. Organic products provided by Biomass. Arabic pita bread, black sesame seeds. Manakeesh akawy cheese, feta cheese-tomato roll, turkey and cheese, Zaatar, kechek, groud meat (lahme beanie). Waw! The manakeesh are so tasty, fluffy and fresh with a soft hot tasty filling. Really impressive.
- Eggs Benedict: (black bacon, sauce Maltaise, grilled asparagus and poached eggs) a hot egg kept in one piece, hard from the outside and soft from the inside, majestically placed on a thin slice of ham and served on a crunchy round bread. Simple, super delicious and not heavy at the same time
- Smoked salmon: with capers, chives, shallots and horseradish cream. I loved the salmon quality
- French toast with orange sauce: That is simply was. Simply amazing. A beautiful mouthwatering plate where two slices of Pain Perdu are served one next to the other. A dry plate, not filled with milk. Every square of bread is richly soaked in milk than covered with an orange sauce before being decorated with roasted almonds and powder sugar. Please allow me to welcome a new entry to the Top10 desserts you can have in Lebanon: "The Four Season's Orange French Toast".
- Pan Cakes served with maple syrup, nutella and orange marmalade. Even though I am not a pancake fan, this one amazed me. Thick and fluffy, you cannot but continue to complete plate as soon as you start.
The buffet breakfast:
- 10 choices of exotic fruits, fresh or cut in cubes
- Milk, skimmed milk and yogurt
- 8 choices of nuts
- 4 choices of sliced dried fruits
- Three choices of cereals
- 12 choices of dried fruits
- Labneh in balls, olives and cherry tomatoes
- Five choices of croissant
- Bagel filled with tomato
- Chocolate cake
- Viennoiseries: cinnamon roll, chocolate cream cake, banana nuts muffin, blueberry muffin, raisin muffin
- Six choices of bread
- 7 choices of jam
The food was really great on all levels. The cakes tenderness, freshness of the ingredients, adequate quantity of sweetness, non oiliness of the rolls. The croissants are a must try, crunchy and non fatty. I loved the cinnamon rolls. They are awesome. Really awesome. I couldn't stop at one bite but continued until the very last powder sugar piece.
The pluses: Everything was really great. Thank you Georges, you made our breakfast memorable.
The minuses: None!
This is what I call a five star hotel... Or a breakfast at a five stars hotel. For the same price paid at the others around, today's experience was one of the best to date. Listening to the soothing musical background and enjoying the Mediterranean Sea view, time passed smoothly until lunch hours rang.