CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
The Cheesecake Factory in Lebanon: The First Experience (Restaurant Closed)
The Cheesecake Factory Beirut; I Like it Here (Restaurant Closed)
Last Lunch at The Cheesecake Factory Beirut; Closing on April 30th (Restaurant Closed)
The Cheesecake Factory Closes in Beirut: Goodbye to Another Franchise (Restaurant Closed)
The Cheesecake Factory: Some love it while other fears it... actually fear the 260 items on the menu that's heavy in calories... But sometimes, you just want to let go, eat and enjoy some good heavy food. Here I am with a few of my friends who were in the mood to just enjoy a good meal without worrying... Hamburger, spaghetti, appetizers and of course their awesome cheesecakes...
I personally enjoy the experience every time I visit: Large tasty plates are served, while local prices have been studied to compete with the local market. The waiters are well trained, the menu is varied, plates look good, the vibes are fresh...
Lunch starts with a basket of bread, homemade beautifully bubbled white French baguette and the brown one which offers a subtle interesting sweetness. Add salt, pepper and spread it with butter for that enjoyable pleasure.
- I started with the Southern fried chicken sliders. A mountain of mini chicken sliders made of yellow brioche bread each stuffed with a fried chicken and served with mayo on the side. Exceptional mini chicken sandwiches made of a molten bread that doesn't need any chewing spread with butter and toasted. Inside a premium chicken slice that's not oily. Loved it! The marriage of ingredients with all its oiliness and shining top is memorable.
- Loaded potato tots filled with cheese, beef bacon and shredded green onions served with sour cream on the side. Crispy balls with an explosive heart of tender and creamy cheese. Delicious!
- Spicy cashew chicken: A huge plate of rice -I recommend brown- topped with a enough chicken chunks to satisfy the tables hunger, chunks of chicken marinated in lemon sauce and grilled to leave a crunchy touch. It's the sauce which makes all the difference. Cashews add some enjoyment and I personally would have left the onions out; they spoil the experience.
- Factory burger: It's deceiving when you receive a baguette! But wait until you've tried it. A hard baguette like the one found at Paul, sweet caramelized onions, cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato with the thick juicy meat. It's a good sandwich but don't expect to receive a burger.
Enjoyed lunch and now came dessert... Coming here and not enjoying a cheesecake is a crime!
- Original: The one that started it all. The famous creamy cake with graham cracker and sour cream topping. Start with this one to understand what made this cheesecake famous. A creamy cheese mix is what it needs for the pleasure.
- Godiva chocolate cheesecake: Flourless Godiva chocolate cake, topped with Godiva chocolate cheesecake and chocolate mousse. Oh man that's good! Thick chocolate cream, another smoother under it and the signature Godiva chic lake square. It's a dream come true!
- White chocolate raspberry truffle: Creamy cheesecake swirled with white chocolate and raspberry. In Arabic I said; "Ouf chou 2awé". Creamy cheesecake with a light layer of cookie, raspberry pleasure, enjoyable sweetness... That's what a cheesecake should be like.
- Graig's crazy carrot cake cheesecake: Carrot cake and cheesecake together topped with cream cheese icing and roasted almonds. I'm a fan of carrot cakes and this one is yum. Fatty, heavy and sweet but who's counting calories today anyway.
I like it here. We spent an enjoyable lunch and promised ourselves to repeat it.