Poor gut health is a sign of a weak immune system.
There are trillions of bacteria, fungi, viruses, and other organisms in your gut which are responsible for various bodily functions.
Factors such as smoking, drinking, eating junk food, taking stress, and no physical activity badly impact the microorganisms in our gut.
Well, it can be taken care of by making small changes in your lifestyle.
In order to fix your gut health, you must take some time out of your busy schedule to indulge in some physical activity. As per the research, exercise has been known to enhance gut health.
So, if you are wondering that you have to travel every day to the gym and do a workout, you are wrong.
Gut health can be improved even by working out at home. We have compiled a list of a few at-home workouts that will help in better digestion.
5 At-home Workouts to Boost Your Gut Health
Let’s have a look at 5 exercises for gut health improvement:
Crunches are among the best exercise for gut health. They are excellent workouts to get your digestive health back on track. This ab-workout focuses on your core movement resulting in better digestion.
Performing crunches daily can increase your core muscle and abdomen strength, which are effective in preventing bloating and gas issues.
How to do crunches?
Following are the steps which can help you perform crunches properly:
- On your exercise mat, lie down on your back in a comfortable position.
- Bend your knees at a 90-degree angle so that your feet are flat on the mat.
- Now, keep your arms across your chest.
- Tighten your core and inhale.
- Exhale as you lift your upper body
- After holding the position for a few seconds, slowly lower your body in a swift motion.
- Remember to relax your neck and head in order to avoid strain.
Try doing the exercise in a similar way 12-15 times. Slowly and gradually, as your core strength build, you can increase the number and intensity of the workout.
Your parents must have told you several times about the health benefits of doing yoga. Right?
Well, you must have listened to them from the start. Otherwise, you would not be here reading the effective ways to improve your gut health.
Yoga is an incredible workout that offers various benefits for physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Here are a few benefits of performing yoga:
- Increase blood flow in the body.
- Build strength
- Improves flexibility
- Reduces back pain
- Provides relief from gas or bloating.
- Helps you get a better sleep.
- Boost energy
- Reduce stress
- Promote weight loss
In short, yoga positively impacts your body from head to toe.
Doing these yoga poses, if performed daily, can help loosen your abdominal muscles, resulting in an improved digestive system:
- Frog pose
- Cobra pose
- Half spinal twist
- Plough pose
- Seated forward bend
- Bow pose
Adding these poses to your exercise routine can lead to a healthier gut.
3. Pelvic Floor Activation
Pelvic floor exercise is another excellent solution to get relief from bloating or gas. If performed regularly and properly, it can help you strengthen the muscles under the bladder, uterus, and bowel.
This exercise is effective with bladder control and easy defecation.
How to do this exercise?
Let’s have a look at the step-by-step process to perform this exercise:
- Get down on your hands and knees.
- Position your hands under your shoulders, and knees should be underneath your hips.
- Maintain a neutral spine posture.
- Concentrate on your breathing throughout the exercise.
- Now, tighten your pelvic floor muscles to feel them squeezing in and lifting.
- Remember, the exercise doesn’t require you to engage your whole core.
- You might feel a bit of a strain around your lower abdomen muscles.
- In the beginning, you can start by holding the position for a count of 10.
- After the count of 10, completely relax your muscles.
- Slowly and gradually, you can increase the hold time of pelvic floor exercises.
If you have a bowel control problem, start this exercise now and see the amazing result.
Walking is one of the most effective workouts to maintain overall health. It helps activate your digestive system, which allows the waste and food to pass through your intestines smoothly.
Apart from improving your digestive system, walking has several health benefits, including:
- Lift your mood.
- Strengthen your bones.
- Help you lose weight.
- Boost your immune system.
- Improve the quality of sleep.
- Help you with digestion.
So, what are you waiting for?
Take your first step towards better health.
5. Indoor Cycling
Cycling is one such exercise that helps in the easy absorption of digested food. One can enjoy various health benefits by including cycling in their exercise routine. Some of them are:
- Help burn calories.
- Increase stamina.
- Improved heart and lung condition.
- Enhance immunity.
- Reduces stress.
- Strengthen leg muscles.
Therefore, if you want to reduce bloating and encourage regular bowel movements, consider cycling on a daily basis.
Physical activity is not just limited to exercise. There are other ways to move your body, like dancing, aerobics, Zumba, etc.
The primary purpose behind exercising is to include physical movement in your daily lifestyle so as to boost your gut health and prevent health issues.
So, do exercises every day to keep the diseases at bay.