From the breathtaking sceneries to the peaceful and natural landscapes, to world-class food and wine, couples can have a really romantic time in Tasmania. From white sandy beaches to taking a stroll hand-in-hand in extraordinary landscapes, to cozying up together by a fireplace at night, to chilling in a hot tub with your loved one, Tasmania has it all.
With that said, here are 5 of the most romantic getaways in Tasmania:
- Hotel Piermont Retreat
“If you’re a couple who prefer an eco-friendly romantic getaway, then the Hotel Piermont Retreat is the best place to go in Tasmania,” says Justin Bostic, a travel writer at BigAssignments and Eliteassignmenthelp. “This establishment is considered a secluded paradise, since it lets you disconnect from the world and reconnect with nature, which is 230 acres of land. With luxurious ecologically-sustainable cottages and suites that border two private beaches, couples can cozy up by the log fire, or enjoy private moments together on a balcony overlooking the ocean. And, when night falls, couples can gaze at the star-filled sky on the beach.”
At Hotel Piermont Retreat, guest can enjoy the following:
- Mountain biking
- A swimming pool
- A tennis court
- Islington Hotel
Looking for a boutique romantic getaway in Tasmania? Then head for the Islington Hotel!
Located in a private enclave of South Hobart, and built around an elegant 150-year-old manor house with 11 unique rooms to offer, this hotel is adults-only (of course), and offers contemporary luxury in every detail:
- Complimentary breakfast and pastries
- Fresh herbs and produce used for fine-dining courses
- Magnificent views over Mount Wellington
- Charming gardens to stroll through with your loved one
- Modern cuisine like the signature blue eye trevalla (one of Tasmania’s finest fish)
- Stewarts Bay Lodge
Love nature? Love history? Then, the Stewarts Bay Lodge is for you (and your partner).
Located between the ocean, a white-sand beach, and woodlands, the lodge’s surroundings are a perfect example of natural beauty, with 22 acres of property. The lodge has the following:
- A selection of self-contained log cabins or chalets, with fantastic views of either the open forest or the ocean
- A one-bedroom deluxe spa, complete with king-sized bed, spa bath, and a private balcony
- A fine-dining restaurant
- Function rooms
- Recreation facilities
- A Tasman Island Cruise, where you cruise along the stunning coastline of the National Park, past dramatic cliffs, through deep seas caves, and the chance to spot seals, whales and various bird species
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge
Calling all nature lovers! Couples can enjoy one of Australia’s most iconic wilderness experiences at the Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge!
At the lodge, you and your loved one can experience the following:
- A vast exploration of hinterland, overlooking a glistening lake, and near the famous Cradle-Lake-Claire National Park
- Snug log cabins or spa suites (whichever you’d like to stay in)
- The Highland Restaurant – one one of Tasmania’s premier dining experiences
- Adventurous hikes through the “Enchanted” walk
- The Waldhelm Alpine Spa, where you can enjoy a couple’s massage, or book a private spa sanctuary overlooking the Pencil Pine River, complete with Tasmanian sparkling wine and a platter of chocolate-dipped strawberries
- Saffire Freycinet
“Saffire Freycinet is a coastal sanctuary, located on Tasmania’s East Coast, and peers out over the Freycinet peninsula, the Hazard Mountains, and the Great Oyster Bay,” says Cerys Perry, a blogger at State Of Writing and Revieweal. “Featuring 20 ultra-private suites, with each including a bespoke king-size bed, an exclusive courtyard and outdoor deck, and double shower and bath with a view, the establishment is known for its luxurious feel. The Private Pavilions especially offer the most luxury, with each featuring a separate bedroom, dining and kitchen area.”
Saffire Freycinet also has the following:
- Premium spa facilities on-site with three treatment rooms overlooking breathtaking views
- Exploration of landscape that’s abundant of wildlife
- Innovative fine-dining from executive chef Iain Todd using the freshest local produce.
So, as you see see, Tasmania has all that you need to create the best romantic experience, without having to bend over backwards, since these resorts have you covered. Whether you and your partner prefer the cozy cabins, or the abundance of wilderness beauty, Tasmania is your next go-to destination for romantic fun!