Trying them at home and loving their products, I thought it’s worth writing about Asmak and adventure into sending couple of their frozen products in our monthly Box.
Asmak is a pioneer in the region's aquaculture industry and a leading provider of fresh and frozen seafood in the Middle East. Asmak offers a large range of high quality frozen and breaded products including fish burgers, fish nuggets, fish fingers, calamari rings, popcorn shrimps, butterfly shrimps, cooking shrimps in different sizes, crab sticks, lobster tails, the delicious seafood cocktail, salmon fillet and the famous White Fish Fillet. What a better way to get closer to these products than to try them yourself and taste the delicious and fresh flavors of these seafood products.
Breaded fish fillet, Salmon fillet, White fish fillet and large shrimp all made it on our table. They smell good, have an interesting texture and also taste good. My wife personally loved them.
Asmak can be found all around the country at supermarkets below:
- LE CHARCUTIER AOUN
- METRO SUPERSTORE
- STORIOM SALIBA
- STOP & SHOP
- MARCHE DU ROND POINT
- FULL HOUSE
- HACHEM SUPERSTORE
- JBEIL SUPER MARKET SARL
How about an easy recipe to prepare a fish based dish? Mixed Seafood Salad:
- 1 ½ cups water
- 6 tbsp (2 lemons) lemon juice – divided
- 1 kg “asmak” Seafood Cocktail
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced radicchio
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 head frisée, torn
- Bring 1½ cups of water and 3 tbsp of lemon juice to a boil in a Dutch oven.
- Add the seafood cocktail to the boiling water and cook for approximately 2 minutes or until done.
- Combine the remaining 3 tbsp of lemon juice, reserved cooking liquid, and olive oil in a bowl while stirring with a whisk.
- Slowly pour the lemon mixture over the seafood cocktail and toss gently to coat evenly, then cover and marinate in the fridge for 1½ hours.
- Add cilantro and the remaining ingredients to the seafood mixture, and toss gently.