When you walk into the St. Regis hotel, you understand the real meaning of luxury... You're transported into another dimension in this five star palace... I was in love the minute I reached the reception. I enjoyed walking around surrounded by the beautiful decor inspired by centuries past.
Let's have breakfast at the Astor Court.
The St. Regis New York, the famous St. Regis originally founded over a century ago, is a Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond hotel located in the heart of midtown Manhattan. With chic guestrooms, public spaces and Astor Court, the flagship hotel has evolved to reflect the rich history of St. Regis while infusing a timeless allure which has come to define the Fifth Avenue icon.
One single room, a rectangular place like a ball room welcomes you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Under a ceiling painted in light blue and replicating the clouds of summer six chandeliers decorated with shining crystals dangle from above over a dozen tables set to perfection. With soothing music playing in the background I sat on one of the couches and started reading the menu.
Service is impeccable, attention is perfect, menu is varied and luxurious at the same time. You can find special dishes like the $125 Titanic omelette, pancakes, waffles, eggs Benedict or the traditional American breakfast.
Silver cutlery, a table napkin, perfectly ironed white tablecloth... it's perfection in every detail, the kind of breakfast you don't have the chance to try every day.
Delicious coffee was served, and a plate of Staud's jams while food is being prepared.
- When your poached eggs are served like a piece of art: two poached eggs with their yolks floating, very soft and fluffy bread, flavorsome and light English muffins, crispy bacon and on the side steamed vegetables that make all the difference. Sweetness from the diced carrots, smoothness from the potatoes - altogether guaranteed to amaze.
- The bacon deserves a moment. Crunchy crispy/flaky with a load of salt, full bodied bacon I enjoyed immensely in itself and moaned uncontrollably!
- The pancakes are breathtaking... they made my heart skip a beat. Thin yet fluffy and rich, three of them served on a round plate and maple syrup on the side. A not-too-sweet maple syrup, fluffy pancakes like a pillow - what makes all the difference is the heart, a super hot moist heart of cooked blueberries. It's a trip to the moon and back.
- Tasty jam, perfect bread, smooth butter... I couldn't have asked for a better breakfast.
- More coffee and I love it. Unique coffee that's most importantly not bitter and not acidic.
- The granola parfait, the cherry on top of this exceptional breakfast, is the cup of magic that will make me want to come back here for sure. Multiple layers, one on top of the other, dried cranberries for the love, apricots for the fun, granola for the excitement, berries for the energy and vanilla bean yogurt for the body. What an amazing combination, a one-of-a-kind light yogurt, crunchy granola and nuts, sticky dried cranberries... a superbly well balanced mix I couldn't help but finish completely.
Breakfast here will put you in a good mood. I'm happy to have come here, I loved everything they have to offer and would recommend you try it, $60/person well deserved! And probably the highest grade I have ever given for a breakfast experience.