CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Crepico: Excellence in Taste!
Crepico: Pancakes Heaven in Nutella Kingdom
Crepico Zalka: Dessert Madness!
If you're driving on the Zalka highway, on your way to Jounieh, you can't but notice Crepico. In blue and bright colors, Crepico has taken the highway by storm. Although it looks a bit commercial or childish but this dessert parlor is not what you would expect... Amazing!
With a new funky approach, a French touch, and a light blue wood facade, Crepico welcomes you in. Inside is a blend of new and old, modern and fresh with green old style tiles, white brick walls and windows that might overlook the streets of Paris.
Very bright and relaxing, the ambiance makes you want to order everything. Smooth music plays in the background under a brightly lit ceiling. The right wall is beige, the left houses the windows, with light wooden stairs to the upper floor.
I can't get enough of the decor. The wooden alley, the bar overlooking the highway, the ice cream parlor, the cake fridge, the plants, the street style lanterns... I'm a fan.
To have a complete idea of the food, we ordered one pancake, one waffle and one crêpe. I can tell you that I've found my sweet escape. They have great offerings.
- Two heart-shaped waffles, served on an oval plate with the Crepico logo, one covered with chocolate and white chocolate sauces while the other is simply covered with sugar powder. A soft, spongy waffle that's simply good. I loved its texture, loved its sponginess, loved its airy feel... That's a mouthwatering creation. Other than being tasty, the portion is generous and good looking. Recommended! Next to that is an ice cream scoop, a good sweet ice cream that has a commercial feel, but also offers the flavor it needs to make it enjoyable. I appreciated the perfect sweetness inside.
- The Crepico crêpe is beautiful and innovative, richly filled but... way too heavy and way too sweet. A bag-shaped crêpe wrapped with marshmallow and filled win melting chunks of marshmallow with like half a jar of Nutella. It's like eating warm Nutella with a spoon. I'd add an interesting crunch, an additional texture, less chocolate and more marshmallows to make this creation a good one.\
- The pancakes: Man! They're awesome! I never imagined that I would eat a pancake that good as this one here in Lebanon. A huge portion of thick pancake, not chewy and not heavy, light and airy, not sweet, not bready... Just awesome! The pancake is filled with milk chocolate in the middle and covered with more chocolate along with marshmallow bits. Uf... I can't get enough of this!
The good things:
- Chocolate is indeed a milk chocolate but it's not too sweet and not too milky. It's well balanced for those plates.
- The beautifully designed bathrooms have a soap that smells bubble gum; i like that.
- Portions are generous.
- Every detail is taken care of meticulously.
My new sweet escape... it's good looking, generous and tasteful.