Beirut City Centre, the 60,000 sqm venue, is the first project for MAF Properties in the Levant region that delivers a new retail and entertainment concept to the country featuring many “firsts”. Over 40 of the 200 stores in the mall are new brands – never seen before in Lebanon: such as; Carrefour, Vox Cinemas, Magic Planet, and 40 food and beverage outlets including 3 flagship brands from North America.
The Centre is ideally located in the Hazmieh district next to the Damascus Highway. Beirut City Centre, will become is the destination for both residents and tourists alike and serves the central and eastern areas of Beirut as it is easily accessed by way of a dedicated bridge and over 1,800 car park spaces. This exciting destination is over 650,000 square feet and stretches across 3 levels and an open air rooftop restaurant precinct.
So far the main reason people have been filling the halls of the Beirut’s newest mall is the opening of Carrefour, a 12,857 sqm hypermarket spread over three floors. The luring of the second-largest retail chain globally is quite a coup for BCC and many shoppers Executive spoke to said that they were coming mainly for Carrefour and would possibly visit other shops along the way.
Carrefour claims to have the lowest cost items of any supermarkets in the country. Customers who have tested these claims generally agree that it provides worthwhile promotions, especially in household items, but say that food is generally around the same price as elsewhere – especially with all the supermarkets dropping their prices to beat competition. Walking through Carrefour, one is dazed by its sheer size, but if you enjoy large, well-organized supermarkets where you can hunt for daily bargains, then the French-owned brand is ideal.
The things I loved:
- This four-story mall is wide and well lit, walking around its alleys makes you feel relaxed
- It is easy to discover as it's built on one single line different from the Mall located in Achrafieh
- The marble flooring used adds a reflective effect of class and luxury that you feel the first minute you walk in. A whole new experience compared to the Mall located in Dora
- The shops opened are all premium of which 25% are new to the country
- More than 40 different restaurants and cafes won't leave you indifferent
- Choose to stay outside on the terrace to enjoy Lebanon's beautiful weather
- Or opt for the food court filled with the world's latest fast food trends
- I loved the idea of this huge food court and its middle seating island beautifully setup with light green chairs
- All around the 60,000 sqm huge mall, many coffee shops are planted here and there to satisfy all tastes
I will change and improve:
- A free internet connection is required
- Not a single bench or seating area is available around the mall. It is surely done this way to make you access the coffee shops and pay. Please reconsider, the mall will have a happier ambiance. Trendy benches set up around funky carpets are a must here and there, especially in the middle atrium
- Consider adding some greenery here and there. It's too fade
- I love this mall
- Finally professional sign boards take you to your destination in seconds
- Beautiful architecture
- Wide and open spaces
- An intelligent design
- Premium brands
- Super wide choice
I'll be passing by BCC more often...