CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Lunch at Bar des Bergues; Not the Food Quality I Expected
Breakfast at Hotel des Bergues Geneva: Upscale and Refined
Il Lago: Michelin Star Italian Restaurant in Geneva; A Memorable Experience
One of Geneva’s finest hotels, located in the city’s heart and few meters from the shopping streets, old town, and watch manufacturers, welcomes you for a luxurious experience. Classy, upscale, refined and professional, the five stars Palace takes you on a journey, a journey of style and finesse.
With enchanting views of the lake and the snow-capped Alps in the distance as well as the Old Town, Geneva’s first hotel remains the priority choice of sophisticated travelers and world statesmen. Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva blends a revitalized sense of history with warm and genuine personal service in the very heart of the city.
The oldest hotel of Geneva preserves the long-known tradition of perfection and style. It’s how the staff smiles, takes your car, shows you to the reception and runs to surprise you. Leaving my car at the door, the doorman ran to inform the reception about my name. Papers prepared in minutes, we were shown to the room... and what a room.
With a view on the lake, two small balconies, a relaxing bed, soothing decor, huge screen, working desk, toilet room and bathroom with two sinks.
I have nothing to say about the hotel and my stay in general; I felt good from the minute I walked in and spent three memorable nights... for the price paid and the perfection expected, some tweaks are important to be fixed not to say they are unacceptable.
The must changes:
- On the second floor, expect to smell food, strong smells of food. Eggs on the first day, garlic followed grilled fish on the third day. Burnt fat... Smelling food around the hotel’s corridors is not acceptable.
- Soundproofing is bad, really really bad. I could hear the neighbors cough and talk all night long. No privacy whatsoever; i’m happy they didn’t have sex.
- We are a couple, why were we given two small beds and not a king-sized one?
The little details I loved:
- Bulgary, “thé bleu” amenities and shampoo.
- One of the best breakfasts I’ve experienced at a hotel. Refined is the best word describing breakfast at the luxurious and iconic, hotel des Bergues of Geneva. Served at the fine-dining restaurant located on the ground floor facing the bar, breakfast is served every morning from 06:40 am until 10:30 am. Enchanted by soothing music, I enjoyed a great start of the day seated at a round table, under a big glass chandelier with a view on the lake.
- The location: amazing location! You can’t find better.
- The best service I’ve experienced at a hotel.
- Location is the best you can have.
- Il lago restaurant is amazing.
- Breakfast is wonderful.
- Lunch at The Bar is overpriced and deceiving.
- The room is relaxing but pay attention not to have a communicating door with your neighbor.
PS: leaving for the airport, I discovered a box of candies and Bulgary wet wipes for the road.
I had breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the hotel. I enjoyed the food and my stay. Perfection in the details is what this hotel is all about. I’ll repeat the experience.