CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Kabab-ji Restaurant, Lebanon
Kababji Zalka: Sandwiches or Dine-in?
Kababji Hazmieh: An Upscale Version of a Local Eatery
Open since 1993, Kababji committed to show the true flavors of Lebanese cuisine. They created the famous grilled meat sandwich that's softer than butter. It's where simplicity is key, where sandwiches are soft and tender and where food is prepared fresh without using microwaves, hormones or antibiotics at origin. I'm back after more than a year... Was the food better? What's happened to the brand?
Coming back from a concert, at 11:30pm, Kababji is one of the few places that will still serve you dinner. Offering a wide selection of Lebanese creations, choose to sit for dinner or grab a sandwich on the go. Kababji opens at 8am for breakfast and stays open until midnight for late night dinners.
I enjoy kababji but feel that the quality is not consistent. Sometimes I enjoy it and other times I leave disappointed - like tonight! The food is ok but not the exceptional kababji quality I expected to taste... things were once better.
The first impression: the place is way too dirty and chaotic for the reputation "Kababji" has. Dirty tables, plates left here and there when they should have been taken to the kitchen, staff screaming and loud unpleasant sounds.
On the new menu: find more photos, more colors and more choices. It starts with the salads, appetizers follow, all day breakfast as of 8am, charcoal grills, on the grill platters, rare cuts and raw meat, desserts, beverages and a special light menu by a chief nutritionist.
I started dinner with a glass of Laban Ayran Yogurt. I love the Ayran here, a fresh glass of thick yogurt enjoyable with a straw as if it were a soft drink with your meal. Fresh bread is served while the plates start to arrive on the table.
- One of the country's best Lahme Beajine, a thin dough with very crispy edges and a juicy heart of tender meat with notes of sweetness. Lahme Beajine without garlic, a tender heart and a crispy crown with premium meat making theirs one of the country's best.
- Arayess kafta with strong aromas and fatty meat. I've had better! It's way too spiced and fatty.
- Tender makanek. Good enough dispute the dry finish.
- Grilled Halloumi cheese served with grilled tomatoes; too soft in my opinion, it's more like a halloum purée . I'd prefer a firm envelop, more salt and more flavor.
- French fries; very disappointing! Undercooked.
- The kebab with pistachio is way too dry - thin fingers that do not look appetizing.
Attentive service but unfortunately unprofessional and improperly trained staff.
A quick dinner on my way to bed. It was already midnight... I expected better: didn't feel any love in tonight's plates.