CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon, Paris
It's where every detail counts, the place where fine dining is served over the bar, a paradise for foodies, a restaurant created by the master himself, Joel Robuchon. L'Atelier is where high standard preparations are made accessible to the public, to food aficionados seeking amazement after every bite. I've been here more then six years ago and still remember it like if it was yesterday.
I remember being stopped for taking photos back then, while now obviously photos are welcome as they help promote the place.
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon opens for lunch or dinner spread on two bars joined together with one kitchen. An army of artists works in the kitchen to bring out beautiful masterpiece. Every detail counts, the welcoming, the smiles, the happiness and the many questions asked to make you feel at home.
Every member of staff that approached our spot at the bar welcomed us with a smile. A fork, a knife, a red water glass and a small golden plate. The menu is simple. The page of small portions in a range of €26 to €55, the cold starters, the fish, meat and cheese. On the second page find the discovery menu for €179 and the desserts.
We started with:
- L'aubergine: confit à la mozzarella et au basilic. A simple plate with a slice of eggplant, another of zucchini, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella and a basil leaf. Very simple, this plate is a mix of textures and flavors providing a light crunch with a long lasting lemon and olive oil flavor.
- Les Encornets: Et les artichauts relevé de sumac et citron vert. Smells good and looks good, calamari slices mixed with diced peppers and fire grilled asparagus quarters bathing in a unique sauce. Strong acidic sumac and lime. It's so enjoyable.
- L'Os à la Moelle: Relevé d'une pointe de moutarde sur un toast friand. Yum yum... A piece of toast topped with cubes of bone marrow standing on a bone. That strong and intense flavor of fat and oil, a light boost of mustard and pure pleasure. Fine dining is the least that can be said here.
- Les Spaghettis: à leur façon. Spaghetti but not any spaghetti, the famous carbonara with a touch of fine dining. Strong pepper, intensive after notes of pleasure, cooked al dente spaghetti and chunks of cooked bacon with their middle line of fat. I started and couldn't stop. It's the classiest and finest carbonara I've ever had. Unbelievable finesse and taste.
- L'agneau de lait: en côtelettes à la fleur de thym. Oh waw! Never had a veal as tender as this one.
- Le Foie Gras: De Canard Chaud, Coeur de pomme de terre à la ciboulette et aux sucs de citron. Oh my god! Is this real? You ask yourself? Extremely tender foie gras warmed to perfection with its lightly crispy envelope. The Granny Smith rolls, the oil... Yes, this food made me question life! The power of mankind to create things that can make you scream.
- On the side we had the chance to try some potato purée prepared the fine dining way. Pure enjoyable butter.
Pleasure... And now comes dessert:
Le Chocolat Tentation; Canache Onctueuse au Chocolat Araguani, Glace au Grue de Cacao, Ciscuit oreo. A cylindrical glass filled with different layers of chocolate mousse. A ball in the middle and a layer of crunchy chocolate surrounding it. Dig in... What the f...! Super dark chocolate ice cream, ground cocoa, a chocolate mousse and an Oreo biscuit at the end. Have you ever imagined an Oreo in a masterpiece like this one? Honestly my heart skipped a beat.
Pure orgasm ignited by food is what this place is all about.