It’s the season of “Ma3mouleté atyab Maamoul”, so why not try some of them and check the differences. On a quest to find the best Maamoul in town, I spent a long day driving around from Saida to Tripoli searching for good Maamoul. Different recipes, different shapes, different flavors, and different prices.
Below is the final list:
- Hanna mitri
- Joelle’s Cuisine
- Al baba sweets
- Pâtisserie Chidiac
- Zejd (olive oil maamoul)
- Amal Bohsali
- Al Kassir Saida
- Y The Chocolate Anfeh
- Flocons Ice Cream
Now the prices:
- Flocons: (ice cream) 105,000LL/jar
- Hanna Mitri: /12 (20 pieces, 1kg). 32,000 pistachio -2,600LL/piece-. 28,000 walnuts. 34,000 almonds. 18,000 tamer. Expect around 50,000/kg.
- Zejd /box. 35,000LL. (800g at 70,000LL) Pistachio 16 pieces. Dates 18 pieces. Gluten-free and sugar-free, the kilo is double all the rest reading 75,000/kg.
- Al Kassir /12 (900g 12,000LL) 1,000LL/piece. (The least expensive)
- Chanterelle /12 (800g 26 pieces). Pistachio 25,000LL. Walnuts and almonds 23,000LL. Tamer 16,000LL. Kilo can hit the 45,000LL price.
- Joelle’s Cuisine /box 50,000LL (50,000LL/1,2kg)
- Y The Chocolate: /kg 35,000LL
- Baba /kg 24,000LL (Approximatively 55-60 pieces/kg) Special flavors: Figs, apricot, orange.
- Chidiac: /kg 30,000LL
- Bohsali /kg 30,000LL
- Mayrig /kg. Tamer 35,000LL. Pistachio 45,000LL. Special 45,000LL (chocolate, loukoum, honey)
- Hallab /kg 28,000LL (individually wrapped)
Prices would vary from 12,000LL up to 50,000LL per kilogram. People who sell by piece are more expensive except Al Kassir.
The winner is: Joelle's Cuisine.
Check out the video and choose your personal favorite this season.
Tags: dessert Easter Sweet Popular sweets Sugar Desserts Pistachio Comparison Maamoul Walnuts Lebanese sweets Video lebanese dessert holiday special
Categories: Reviews Popular Comparative Review