It’s the season of “Ma3mouleté atyab Maamoul”, so why not try some of them and check the differences. On a quest to find the best Maamoul in town, I spent a long day driving around from Saida to Tripoli searching for good Maamoul. Different recipes, different shapes, different flavors, and different prices.
Below is the final list:
- La Cigale
- Bar Tartine
- Em Fares
- The Lebanese Bakery
- Elika Sweets
Now the prices:
- Lamisse: /kg Mixed 25,000LL. Dates 25,000LL. Pistachio 30,000LL. Walnuts 30,000LL. Nice green box, big pieces that are overcoated with sugar.
- Irap: /kg 43,000LL. Ready-mixed tin box for 30,000(700gr). Maamoul pieces are tiny with no sugar coating.
- Fadel: /kg 34,000LL. Presented in a plastic tray with an option of extra sugar. Pieces are tiny and somehow overcooked.
- La Cigale: /kg 44,000LL. Here the pieces are sold per piece (2,000) and placed in your choice of either a carton box or a plastic tray. Although the pieces are generously sugar coated they do propose an additional sprinkle.
- Bar Tartine: Dates /kg 32,000LL. Pistachio /kg 50,000LL. Oat Maamoul, packed in boxes, ready over the counter.
- Em Fares: /kg 25,000LL. Presented in a plastic tray.
- The Lebanese Bakery: /kg 25,000LL. The packaging here is quite simple yet trendy with a craft and plastic box.
- Elika Sweets: /kg Mixed 18,000LL. Dates /kg 12,000LL. Walnuts /kg 18,000LL. Pistachio /kg 22,000LL. Laid in a brown and gold carton box.
The winner is: The Lebanese Bakery.
Check out the video and choose your personal favorite this season.
Categories: Tasty Discoveries Mechwar Videos Comparative Review