- Dubai Food Festival (DFF) returns for its sixth edition with an exciting calendar featuring more than 2,000 restaurants and 100 events
- Favorites including swyp Beach Canteen, Hidden Gems and Dubai Restaurant Week, brought to you by Emirates NBD and VISA, to showcase Dubai’s latest and best unique gastronomy offering
- DFF to offer one-of-a-kind culinary experiences across the city in the first-ever ‘DXB Foodie Experiences’ and Limited Coffee Edition
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 5 February 2019: Save your appetites as Dubai’s annual culinary celebration, Dubai Food Festival (DFF), returns with a delicious array of food offerings across the city from 21 February to 9 March 2019. The festival’s sixth edition, set to be its biggest yet, will see Dubai come together to give residents and visitors the opportunity to experience its diverse and vibrant dining options.
For 17 days, food enthusiasts will discover Dubai through its food by indulging in an impressive three-course meal, enjoying coveted seats to an exclusive epicurean journey, seeking out authentic ethnic dishes hidden in the city’s bustling streets, and trying out the newest food concepts to hit the block.
Ahmed Al Khaja, CEO, Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE) said: “Dubai Food Festival has become a definitive part of Dubai’s culinary calendar and annual retail calendar, building the city’s reputation as a gastronomy destination within the region and across the world. Over the past five years, we have strengthened local partnerships and widened our reach, and this year we are all set to take the DFF experience to a whole new level with added layers to celebrate every facet of food. We look forward to welcoming people of all nationalities, cultures, and tastes to take part in this city-wide celebration.”
Bringing back festival favorites such as swyp Beach Canteen, Hidden Gems and Dubai Restaurant Week (brought to you by Emirates NBD and Visa) and introducing new elements including Foodie Experiences, Limited Coffee Edition, DFF retail offers and mall events.
swyp Beach Canteen
The festival’s flagship event, swyp Beach Canteen, will return with a brand new look and design to Sunset Beach behind Sunset Mall, featuring new food concepts, entertainment and a dedicated family area. The free-to-attend space will be perfect for a family day out – with delicious treats and flavours from around the world available at the Food Piazza.
Little ones will be sure to love the wide range of fun activities in a dedicated kid’s zone, while foodies can take part in cooking workshops and attend live cooking sessions at the beachside theatre. There will also be a gaming square and sports court to add to the fun!
This year’s Beach Canteen is brought to you by swyp, along with Emirates NBD, VISA and Uber Eats as key sponsors and supported by Lacnor.
- Dubai Restaurant Week (brought to you by Emirates NBD and Visa)
- Ten days, three-course meals, and one attractive price: what’s not to love? Book your tables to Dubai Restaurant Week to savor gourmet delicacies at some of Dubai’s finest restaurants, all for the price of AED199 per person. Guests can enjoy delicious wood fire grills from Bleu Blanc Dubai, discover flavors from Latin America at the bohemian Hotel Cartagena or delight in the authentic Japanese cuisine at Morimoto Dubai.
To view the full list of participating restaurants, see their limited-edition menus, and make a reservation through official booking partner Reserve Out, please visit: https://reserveout.com/dubai-en/dubai-restaurant-week-2019.
- Foodies will dive into Dubai’s underground food scene with DFF’s Hidden Gems; a list of the top hidden food hot spots in the city. These undiscovered culinary gems will offer incredible authentic tastes and a vibrant atmosphere at pocket-friendly prices. This year, popular food and restaurant app Zomato has partnered with DFF to host a dedicated Hidden Gems page on the app, inviting residents to choose their favorites from the shortlisted restaurants to be crowned as part of the Top 10 Hidden Gems of 2019.
To see a list of the shortlisted Hidden Gems, please visit: www.dubaifoodfestival.com.
- DFF will introduce a new element to this year’s festival called Foodie Experiences; an addition that will deliver a unique, one-of-a-kind food adventure with a curated list of Dubai’s most anticipated and prominent food events. Residents and visitors will try out masterclasses for sushi, bread-making or Beef Wellington, a 16-course immersive dinner – or mix things up at a variety of Chef’s tables to get close up with culinary teams.
Limited Coffee Edition
- DFF will feature an exciting new limited edition coffee option with unique special flavors from homegrown cafes and international brands exclusively available during the festival period. Visit www.dubaifoodfestival.com for a full listing at the start of the festival.
Additional city-wide events
DFF is the gift that keeps on giving – and here are some further events and experiences that will be on offer throughout the festival:
- Cheese Festival: This year, DFF will feature a two-day Cheese Festival with cheeses from around the world for you, your family and friends at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
- Galeries Lafayette’s Street Food Fair: Visit City Walk 2 from 28 February to 2 March for three days of street-food, retail stands, live entertainment, and family-oriented activities
- Taste of Dubai: Returning for its 12th year from 7 to 9 March, Taste of Dubai will host its signature line-up of food creations, celebrity chefs and family-friendly entertainment at Dubai Media City
- DFF Retail Promotions
For the first time ever, DFF will extend the celebrations to include reductions of up to 75 percent on special F&B brands including hypermarkets, supermarkets, grocery stores, homeware, dining equipment, and kitchen appliances. DFF Weekend Surprises is another new addition offering incredible deals each weekend of the festival on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. The promotions will be exclusively available to one brand at one location from 10 am until stocks last. Make sure to sign up at www.dubaifoodfestival.com to hear about these exclusive deals.
Dine & Win
Everyday dining will be something to celebrate during DFF, as the classic ‘Dine & Win’ promotion will return for the third year. In partnership with Zomato and Dubai Shopping Malls Group (DSMG), residents and visitors can win many prizes, including a Nissan Patrol, by spending a minimum of AED50 at participating restaurants across the city.
About Dubai Food Festival
Dubai Food Festival is a citywide culinary celebration that showcases the Emirate’s emergence as the gastronomy capital of the region through a packed 17-day programme of food-related events, activities, promotions, and appearances by food celebrities all across the city. The Festival promotes the diversity, creativity and multicultural nature of Dubai’s culinary offering – from its five-star gourmet dining to its unique Hidden Gems. Dubai Food Festival is organized by Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism). In its 6th edition, Dubai Food Festival 2019, which runs from 21 February till 09 March, continues to position the emirate as a global tourism destination offering unique culinary experiences, giving residents and visitors a flavor of the very best of Dubai’s food scene.