Facing the O'Learys Sports Bar and Grill, The Sala VIP of Malaga's International Airport is located on the second floor just after check-in. Before choosing the best spot to spend your next of hours, you enter a wide hall filled with sofas of different colors, a welcoming counter on the right, and a couple of newspapers on the right. Grab one and walk in...
The place details:
- A large well lit space over viewing the tarmac on one side and the duty free on the other
- White reflective marble covering all this space making it look even bigger
- Long sofas distributed in individual sections around round glass tables: beige, purple and orange fabrics chairs
- Wooden blocks separating the saloons to create more privacy
- A calm space with no TVs and no background music, but only the sound of the coffee machines brewing
- A jewelry shop that was closed nested in the middle of this large space
- Two beverages and food bars with three beverage fridges
- Two conference tables
- A TV room with individual chairs set up like a cinema hall
- A couple of computers in the business area
- A choice of two cereals
- Chips and nuts
- Jam and butter sachets
- Cola Cow chocolate drink, Nescafé and a couple of tea choices
- Two choices of yellow cheese
- A cheap choice of fruits
- A mix of 10 different alcohol bottles
- Rioja red and white wines
- A soft drink dispenser (this one I liked)
- Bread and its toaster like they do in hotels breakfast areas
The only plus:
A vast and wide open space that's relaxing. You will surely enjoy a decent calm time before your trip.
- Only one receptionist welcoming and answering the phone calls together. Her approach and work ethics are to the standard of a VIP lounge
- No free internet!
- Too much open space, no private corners
- No spots with a dimmed lighting for those who need to nap
- No music
- Bad choice and variety of food
My verdict: It's not worth it at all. A simple saloon of chairs with no additional service. I would surely stay at one of the many cafes and bars at the airport's terminal - at least its more fun and pleasant.