Salmontini has been a name and address for good salmon. It's one of my favorite places where I often go to have good Japanese food and an amazing selection of salmon signature dishes. I went there last night and as usual, left full and happy.
Sad news about their branch in Zaytounay Bay closing down. I have also heard that they have cut down on staff and so on... I personally felt that their staff is overwhelmed. Our waiter for the night was a bit pushy and snappy. We would ask for something and he would say, "wait" or "can't you see am finishing something". No bus boys, one man does all. I would understand his frustration but it's not a price that customers should pay for.
The food as usual is amazing. Fresh and tasty variety with a variety of food types to satisfy different tastes - as some people prefer a good piece of meat to sushi. They also have a variety of gourmet salads, entrees, main dishes, sushi platters... We ordered
- Edamame: They can be better. Some are empty and others don't look too appetizing
- Crispy Salmon Salad: My favorite.
- Crab Salad
- A mixed selection of Japanese selection: Maki, Sushi...
- From their special section: Dragon Maki, which comes covered with avocado with crab, lobster cooked inside - simply delicious
- Entrecote with French Fries
- Lamp Chops with Puree
- The fresh basket of bread, which they say in imported from France. The basket includes a variety of bread types - multicereal was my favorite
- Salmon mix spread which is so tasty and fresh. Just spread it on a piece of bread. If you don't like it, there's butter as well.