A sandwich is a food typically consisting of vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between slices of bread, or more generally any dish wherein bread serves as a container or wrapper for another food type. Definition: two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between. one slice of bread covered with food Have an open-faced sandwich, with one slice of bread instead of two, mustard instead of butter, and some vegetable sticks to munch on.
- BLT Sandwich.
- Reuben. New York City
- Bocadillos. Spain.
- Roast Beef Sandwich. Boston.
- Bánh mì Vietnam.
- Croque-monsieur. Paris.
- Submarine Sandwich. The United States of America.
- Francesinha. Porto.
Top10 most famous sandwiches in Lebanon:
- Manoucheh Zaatar filled with Labneh and vegetables
- Labneh: 3arouss Labneh
- French Fries: Sandwich Batata
- Kafta with tomatoes, mayonnaise and pickles
- Chicken and garlic: Djeij w Toum
- Hamburger 3al Lebneneh
Menu research firm Datassential surveyed thousands of consumers to find out the most popular sandwiches in America. Turkey and ham were the most popular choices, but grilled cheese and PB&J were also top contenders.