CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
The New Concept: You Read it Here First!
Shawarmanji has finally opened. It's first of many branches to come is located on the Zalka Highway, a small place where huge surprises await you as you walk. To say the least, you will enter to only discover a whole new meaning to the word shawarma... We have been hearing a lot of rumors lately about the next best thing that will emerge from Lebanon... talks about the biggest Shawarma concept that will revolutionize the way we see and eat shawarma sandwiches... A new international chain that is planning to settle itself somewhere near the success of McDonald's around the world... Yes! It is true! Shawarmanji is for Shawarma what McDonald's is for burgers, aiming to position Lebanon on the international culinary map, further spreading the meaning of one of Lebanon's authentic foods, Shawarma - meat or chicken wrapped in Lebanese bread with a taste that will take your taste buds places.
Shawarmanji is a simple and small restaurant yet perfectly designed. It all starts with the outside clearly lit sign where the word Shawarmanji is written upside down giving the shape of our national pride: The Cedar tree. The venue's architecture is all based on the red color creating a funky yet classy concept at the same time. Clean and modern concrete flooring, yes, but decorated with the famous old Lebanese houses tiles on the sides that create a perfect setup for the many white round tables that are positioned in the middle and surrounded by two long bars on the sides. White, red and wood are the main colors perfectly blending together in a sensational mix never seen before in Lebanon. It has a lot of the McDonald's savour-faire and professionalism and maybe more. Even the lighting makes you want to eat more.
I had the chance to be one of the first to really indulge in this mouth-watering experience of Shawarmanji’s shawarma sandwiches and trust me, you’re in for a treat. The quality of the meat, the way it melts in your mouth, just the right amount of spices, the right condiments added, the perfect bite size - all adds up to make it a simply perfect sandwich! It might be a fast food chain with similar setups like other fast food chains, example metallic displays for fast service, but something about this place felt different. The cleanliness feel of the open kitchen keeps all in sight clear to enjoy. While all preparations are served in professional carton boxes where dips are offered next to the Sambousik or Spring Rolls.
The Manji menu sections:
- Meat Sandwiches
- Vegetarian Sandwiches
- The Shaker
- Fries on the side
- Shawarma rolls
- Beef Manji: Beef shawarma, tarator, parsley, onions & tomatoes.
- Chicken Manji: Chicken, shawarma, garlic paste, lettuce, french fries & pickles.
- Shaka Manji: Shaka shaka shake it: A mix of tasty ingredients, just add the sauce and start shaking. A box identical to the Haagen-Dazs ones but surely made in Lebanon where ice-cream is substituted with meat.
- Shawarma Rolls: Roller manji beef, roller manji beef & caramelised onions, roller Manji chicken.
"This is the start of something big" I 'Manji' this place:
- The shaker invention is extraordinary. It will revolutionize the world.
- A clean and clear white lighting, a simple ambiance, a classy finish
- Beautifully designed menu
- A feel of technology and futurism
- Welcoming and professional staff
- Finger-licking taste
- Lovely packaging
- The Knefe rolls are not to be missed
- As I am allergic to garlic, I couldn't eat the Chicken shawarma ever before in Lebanon. The day came for someone to prepare chicken without Garlic-I don't mean the sauce but the chicken is not soaked in garlic mix. Finally!
- A delicious meat taste. Yes meat alone! Not a mix of meat and fat to make it more profitable.
- Mouthwatering Shawarma sambousik. A premiere. Without forgetting the awesome shawarma spring rolls.
- The Shawarma shaker is a mix of the ingredients found in the sandwich prepared to be savored like a salad without the bread. You women out there on a diet, that is your solution.
- The shawarma sandwiches are generous, well stuffed and perfectly rolled.
- The meat shawarma's seasoning is unique. A taste you will realize that you have never experienced in Lebanon before.
- Please go to Shawarmanji and taste their chicken shawarma. Please... you need to try it to understand what I mean.
- Although I ordered it without any garlic paste, the taste was in the actual main ingredient. The chicken, Amazing.
- Yes a tasty and juicy chicken, which was not dry. A mix that activates all your taste buds.
- Adding some background music
- I would suggest explaining the concept to every new guest. People who walk in may not know the idea behind Shawarmanji. For example, I discovered after leaving about the caramelized onions shawarma, which I would have definitely tried, another example, knowing that the shaker needs to be mixed with the Tarator... Things like that. Until all people get acquainted with the concept, someone should welcome every new customer and accompany him through the new concept, the possibilities, the choices and so much more
- Make the dip containers a bit smaller: I appreciate your generosity but some of the portions are better served smaller
- McDonald's and Burger King do not serve Pepsi but the international drink Coca-Cola...Think about it!