Owned by a Lebanese group, State 88 is an international restaurant serving cuisine from all over the world. American, Italian and European, at State 88 happiness is guaranteed. Chicken, beef and seafood, the menu has it all: a selection of appetizers, interesting mains and a collection of coffee creations which State 88 specializes in.
I loved the place, small and casual, it feels good the minute you walk in. A communal table occupies the center, a long bar, a high ceiling, and several industrial elements. The wall of bricks, blue painted wood, concrete floor and metal painted in black.
The place started as a sandwich place and turned out to be different; don’t be fooled by the decor... the place is not a diner and not a fast eatery. Casual dining at its finest, food prepared with love and dedication. Food at State 88 is loaded with emotions.
- Baby squid
- Ocean roll 88
- Original beef slider
- Swiss beef slider
- Pulled beef fries
- Pistachio risotto
Let’s eat: I loved the food!
- Super tender sliders that are made to impress. Sticky, chewy and enjoyable, the content is so fresh and juicy. I loved the meat, crisp vegetables and sauce. Beef and Swiss beef are both excellent.
- Crunchy calamari with tasty sweet sauce served on a rectangular plate. No oil and not chewy, I loved the calamari.
- A yummy salad with crispy chicken. A load of lettuce mixed together in a certain way absorbing the sauce and making them more tender.
- A pan of fries, a mountain of it with shredded pulled beef.
- Ocean roll 88, an eye candy presentation but a bit too much bread.
- OMG, the risotto is so good! Not Italian, not gourmet, not fine dining, it’s just enjoyably and genuinely good! Kind of elastic, cheesy, light crunches of the pistachio bed and the intensity of rich taste at the end.
I was done but honestly not done yet cause the food is too good to leave without trying more:
- Fusion Arancini, crunchy balls of fried rice with a heart of cheese on a bed of acidic tomato that reminds you of tabbouleh.
- Another risotto, saffron risotto also served in a pan. Cooked al-dente and mixed with a load of cheese, every bite takes you on a journey.
I enjoyed my lunch, the food and love felt in every plate, but the best was left for last. Enjoy. One of Dubai’s best milk cakes, a green pistachio cake soaked with milk and mixed with concentrated sugar cream. It made me melt.
PS: a premiere for me, the rotating plate for photos. Ask for it and enjoy taking amazing photos for your Instagram account.
State 88 is proudly Lebanese, and I will recommend it to all my friends.