Storia is a family owned restaurant renowned for the authentic food it serves which is a characteristic of the region of Cilento, Campania in the south of Italy. Storia is the right place for everyone who loves classic Italian with a modern touch. Dimmed lights and classical music, we were here for a treat.
The restaurant recommended by the hotel's concierge is a five minute walk from The Charles Hotel or the central station. An Italian restaurant with a modern decor made of wood and backlit onyx stones. A long bar, an open kitchen and the pizza oven next to a dining area over viewing be terrace.
Light wood tables surrounded by light brown chairs, crystal glass cups and a cutlery set, we were invited to sit at one of the many rectangular tables around this cozy space.
The first impression:
- The chairs are low, making you sit comfortably close to your plate with a straight back.
- Wine glasses are marked with 0,1 and 0,2 so you know how much you're drinking.
- On the menu, 14 kinds of allergies are marked as well as all the additives found in the plates. You simply have to check the last page.
- The staff is welcoming and smiley.
- Primi Piatti
- Homemade Pasta
- Secondi di Carne
- Secondi di Pesce
- Homemade Pizza
- I Nostri Dolci
- In Fin Dei Conti
Dinner started with an amuse-bouche, a kind of soup made of potatoes and broccoli, served with some balsamic on the side. A delicious mix, hot and flavorful, full bodied, a green color and the balsamic to add sweetness and style. A great first start.
- An excellent pizza, generously filled, a thin dough and fluffy borders with a light crunch. That's the pizza I've dreamt of for so long. A tomato sauce without garlic, interesting salty after notes and tasty cheese. Some basil leaves decorate it. The best is the slightly burnt flavor left around the crust.
- The antipasto is made of buffalo ricotta, pickled eggplants, dry Italian salami, codfish tartlet, pepperoni cruschi and octopus sepia salad Mediterranean style in a nacho. Fine dining style cuisine with flavors. Many individual portions each prepared with love and dedication. Flavorful and rich, those plates are like no other Italian I have previously visited. It's not about big portions but meticulously prepared orders.
- A trilogy of seafood, salmon, octopus and prawns in lemon tempura. Smooth and juicy with interesting flavors. Thinly sliced octopus, juicy prawns and diced salmon.
Good Italian in Munich.