CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Breakfast at The Sheraton Hotel, Paris Airport
You know when you are looking forward to something so much, but it turns out to be nothing like what you had in mind? It makes you sad, doesn't it? That was what I experienced at The Sheraton Hotel: Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. A beautiful lobby, soothing ambiance coupled with a welcoming staff - only at the reception - were easily forgotten by the scathing service at the restaurant and bar. Arriving at 19:30, I was welcomed into a nice warm lobby. I was taken care off by a team of professional people at the reception. They made me smile. I was happy, like a little kid discovering Disneyland for the first time. I was just dreaming about the room, the Tarmac view and the great feeling of checking-in for my flight fresh the next morning without having to experience traffic from Paris. I went up to my room, dropped my luggage very quickly and went down to enjoy a nice dinner.
I've been eating burgers the whole week. I was fed up of junk food. The idea of having a nice premium French dinner made my mouth water.
Unfortunately, the experience didn't turn out to be anything close to good. Anyway let's explore the others aspects of the hotel. The big hotel you cannot miss while passing by the French capital airport is nice to explore from the inside:
- A wide lobby, where the restaurant appears on your right, the bar on the left and a computer section powered by Microsoft
- Free Internet is offered around the lobby but payable in the rooms
- A reception of four computers to serve the largest number the quickest possible
- Some jewelry shops accompany you from the outside entrance to the lobby
- The hotel has two entrances: The airport one and the other outdoor one where the smoking takes place
- The second floor hosts the fitness center
- Third floor is the Starwood Preferred Guests
- Fourth floor is the Executive level
- Breakfast and dinner are served in Les Saisons restaurants
- Snacks and drinks are proposed all day in the lobby bar
- 21inch computers are free to be used by all
- A concierge and a limousine service can be found next to the lobby
- A long wooden desk overviewing the Tarmac. In its middle a make up mirror
- A large room where moving around is relaxing
- A king size bed with four relaxing pillows
- A mini bar tower including a fridge, snacks and a coffee
- A relaxing long sofa chair
- A 42inch Samsung LCD
- Two cupboards to fill in your clothes
- A large space to deposit luggage
- A large bathroom with a bathtub and a shower
- The Sheraton known amenities: towels, shampoo, vanity kit and several towels
- A brown carpet relaxes your feet around all the room
- A blue poster/painting/art piece over the bed reproduces the blue sky with a plane in the middle
I enjoyed the size of the room, the bed size as well as the entertainment system provided. I slept well and woke up to the early spells of sunlight.
Breakfast, a long awaited meal... I love having breakfasts at hotels which I just dream off before I sleep. My biological alarm just wakes me up to discover what every hotel has to offer. Sadly another deception! The worst service I could have imagined in my entire life! It's one of two: Either change your training techniques or change the the person responsible of waiters. Kids again, running like headless chickens while creating the most unpleasant noises your head can even imagine. Having a drink at the bar right after dinner, I had to wait 15 minutes for the waitress to approach me, then I went for myself searching for her to pay the bill. One single waitress to serve the whole lobby.
What is interesting is the inner atrium of this gigantic building, that's empty from the inside with all the room doors overviewing one another. I enjoyed the hotel, but its services which is supposed to be key element in any hotel was missing. I'm sure it's not going be my favorite choice next time. My experience at the Hilton last year was much better.
Breakfast at the Sheraton Hotel, Paris Airport
Tags: Paris Sheraton CDG Airport Charles De Gaulle Starwood hotels The Sheraton Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport